1 Year Review

Had a good experience with our servers? Congratulate us here!
culexor
New to forums
New to forums
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UC40BgXanDqOYoVCYFDSTfHA

1 Year Review

Post by culexor »

I signed up for a 1-Core VDS at the beginning of June 2011 (a year ago) to host a couple of game servers. I opted for an unmanaged VDS running Windows server 2008. The 1 core plan was fine for 25 or so people. I upgraded the server to 2 cores and 2gb of ram. The upgrade process was effortless and it took less than an hour. It was especially nice over the summer when more people were online, because I could easily upgrade and then downgrade once people started going back to school. In January, I switched to a managed VDS and while it took me a while to get used to NFo's control panel (I was used to TCAdmin), I became very fond of it. Adding new servers was easy and fast, and managing my servers was a breeze.

I never had any downtime that wasn't planned. Even when someone was getting DDoSed on the same box as me, I didn't notice any hiccups. The support staff was always quick to remedy any network issues and they always notified me of any issues before I even knew about them.

Support tickets were always replied to within an hour (usually a couple of minutes), with the one exception of easter when I submitted a ticket at 3 A.M. and didn't hear back until 10 A.M. or so (completely understandable). The support staff was always helpful and professional.

Overall, my experience at NFo was excellent, and I highly recommend their services. I ended up canceling my service because I decided to get a full dedicated server from another provider.

Service - 10/10
Control Panel - 10/10
Support - 10/10
Value - 10/10