New Server Owner, A couple of questions

Woofington
New to forums
New to forums
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UC40BgXanDqOYoVCYFDSTfHA

New Server Owner, A couple of questions

Post by Woofington »

First off, I have heard amazing things about NFO services, and so far I am quite impressed.

I just rented a server named reticulated splines. I have a couple questions regarding setup.

1) When using daemon's map cycler: I'm assuming that conquest versus conquest64 is the difference between conquest and conquest large correct? Also what is the difference between conquest assault/conquest assault 2/ conquest assault 64?

2) IS there a way to ensure that scramble does not affect VIP's? I would like to scramble the server but keep vip's together.

3) I am still a bit confused by the player limit adjuster, as enabled by daemon. So it limits size, based on players in the server. Does it make it so only certain gamemodes can be played? It would be optimal if the server was <32 players it would only play conquest/rush, if under <16 players it would play CQ maps, and anything >32 would be conquest large/conquest assault.
Edge100x
Founder
Founder

Re: New Server Owner, A couple of questions

Post by Edge100x »

Woofington wrote:1) When using daemon's map cycler: I'm assuming that conquest versus conquest64 is the difference between conquest and conquest large correct?
That's right.
Also what is the difference between conquest assault/conquest assault 2/ conquest assault 64?
Assault 1/2 are smaller maps, just as conquest and conquest 64 differ. They have spawn points in different places, I believe.
2) IS there a way to ensure that scramble does not affect VIP's? I would like to scramble the server but keep vip's together.
That's an interesting suggestion. It does not do it right now.
3) I am still a bit confused by the player limit adjuster, as enabled by daemon. So it limits size, based on players in the server. Does it make it so only certain gamemodes can be played? It would be optimal if the server was <32 players it would only play conquest/rush, if under <16 players it would play CQ maps, and anything >32 would be conquest large/conquest assault.
[/quote]
It automatically adjusts the size in an attempt to make Battlelog treat the server differently, but doesn't do anything else at the same time right now. I do not recommend using it with the current version of the game, as the game/Battlelog has issues with it at present, that can lead to players being unable to join.
Woofington
New to forums
New to forums

Post by Woofington »

Edge100x wrote:
Woofington wrote:1) When using daemon's map cycler: I'm assuming that conquest versus conquest64 is the difference between conquest and conquest large correct?
That's right.
Also what is the difference between conquest assault/conquest assault 2/ conquest assault 64?
Assault 1/2 are smaller maps, just as conquest and conquest 64 differ. They have spawn points in different places, I believe.
That's an interesting suggestion. It does not do it right now.
It automatically adjusts the size in an attempt to make Battlelog treat the server differently, but doesn't do anything else at the same time right now. I do not recommend using it with the current version of the game, as the game/Battlelog has issues with it at present, that can lead to players being unable to join.[/quote]

Thank you very much. I would love to see scramble not affect VIP's but since the daemon admin stuff makes moving players so easy, its not a huge issue. I assume autobalance also does not take VIP's into account? I just hate having my squad split up, but I do like keeping the playing field even.
Woofington
New to forums
New to forums

Post by Woofington »

Also I love the fact that the mapcycler can do random maps, I love the dynamic of not know what map I will be playing next, however there are certain maps people in my group never want to play, but we still want to keep the map cycle random. Is there a way to exclude certain maps from ever being selected?
Edge100x
Founder
Founder

Post by Edge100x »

There isn't a restriction for the random-map option in our system, apart from choosing just maps from a particular expansion.
Woofington
New to forums
New to forums

Post by Woofington »

Alright thanks for the reply. Is there any chance any of the things I mentioned will eventually be included or are there no plans for those kinds of features/ should I look into some other plugins?
Edge100x
Founder
Founder

Post by Edge100x »

There's a chance, but it would not likely happen very soon. I recommend looking at other solutions in the near-term.
.=QUACK=.Major.Pain
This is my homepage
This is my homepage

Post by .=QUACK=.Major.Pain »

You can use Procon with plugins to scramble and put vips on whitelists.

The bug with adaptive server player size in battlelog is coming in a patch this week. I think I read it was to come today in a post I read last night. But the new patch created more problems.
Visit gspreviews.com And Rate & Review Your Old & Current GSP's
Find Your GSP Coupons at gspreviews.com/coupons/
Edge100x
Founder
Founder

Post by Edge100x »

I have not heard that a patch will come to address problems with adaptive-plugin servers that quickly.
Woofington
New to forums
New to forums

Post by Woofington »

I have been using the adaptive player size to just make it go from 32 to 42. Is this also a bad idea? My server is a 42 player server, its the sweet spot we like, but it doesn't show up for players who search unless they have Player size: other selected, so keeping it at 32 is the best option for now. Instead of using the adaptive player size thing from 32 to 42, should I just lower my server max players to 32 for now?
Edge100x
Founder
Founder

Post by Edge100x »

If you've been using the player adapter plugin/option without problems already, you are likely safe to keep using it. It's your call, though :).
.=QUACK=.Major.Pain
This is my homepage
This is my homepage

R27 will be rolled out tomorrow. (Gaming Deluxe already has it available)
It was posted yesterday evening.

They mentioned it was going to fix the adaptive slot size, but retracted it as they found after testing longer, it popped up again.

From DICE:
We removed it because it gave us problem with other new functionality (wasn’t enough time to fix it for that release), so R28 will have all the fixes while R27 will still go out of sync with the blaze queue enabled, sorry.
.=QUACK=.Major.Pain
This is my homepage
This is my homepage

Patch is now released tomorrow: http://battlelog.battlefield.com/bf3/fo ... 109362429/

R28 released in August.
Edge100x
Founder
Founder

Post by Edge100x »

I posted about the pending R27 update to events logs this morning.
TimSad
This is my homepage
This is my homepage

Post by TimSad »

I hope I'm not hi-jacking a thread here but I gotta say... John, you guys always have the perfect timing for applying updates. Looks like BF3 will be down for us at that exact time (1 AM PDT) for about an hour... https://twitter.com/Battlefield/status/ ... 9599414274
                                                Our NFO Battlefield Servers!
ImageImage