Server not starting

Archimedes
New to forums
New to forums
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UC40BgXanDqOYoVCYFDSTfHA

Server not starting

Post by Archimedes »

Made a couple adjustments to the garrysmod files using my ftp client. Had the server running fine last night. I tried installing URestrict and adding classes to darkrp when i kept getting the error "lua cache couldn't be downloaded. server is misconfigured" I looked up a remedy finding that deleting the lua files and having the server rebuild them can fix the error. When i attempted it and restarted my server it refused to start up. Its been about 15 minutes. I'm not sure if I fucked up or if the server is just down.

When on the server control page the "Start the Server" bar give me "Restart the Server" and "Stop the server" as its options. Normally if the server is stopped it only gives me the "start the server" button. Also it gives me this message when try to start the server...

Your server has been successfully started. It should be ready to accept connections in a few moments, assuming it is configured correctly.
Your server is not responding. But, you just started/restarted it, so it should be online again shortly (click this tab to check its status again).
Archimedes
New to forums
New to forums

Re: Server not starting

Post by Archimedes »

Honestly though, I'd rather just have my server reset. By that I mean just a reset to how I initially got it with non of my addons and edits. I know how to install everything I want, but my tinkering and experimenting has caused this. It would just be much easier.
Archimedes
New to forums
New to forums

Post by Archimedes »

My server finally went back up again ~30mins. of downtime. However, darkRP is still giving me the "server misconfigured error."
Edge100x
Founder
Founder

Post by Edge100x »

I agree that it might just be easiest for you to restart from scratch. There's a lot that can go wrong with a Garrysmod server.
Archimedes
New to forums
New to forums

Post by Archimedes »

Yep its not starting again, how can i request a total server wipe to have it re-setup again?
hiimcody1
Staff
Staff

Post by hiimcody1 »

There is an option to schedule a wipe in the "File manager" section of the control panel for early morning.
Archimedes
New to forums
New to forums

Post by Archimedes »

Thank you.
Archimedes
New to forums
New to forums

Post by Archimedes »

One last question, is the failure for the server to start something caused by my changes or is it server-side. I'm assuming it is my changes.
hiimcody1
Staff
Staff

Post by hiimcody1 »

Based on how you are describing the problems, I would assume it is based on changes you've made. If you believe that there is an error with the base files, you can open a support request and we can look into it for you. :)
Archimedes
New to forums
New to forums

Post by Archimedes »

Unless the support request could get me a server wipe before 1:30am I think I'm good :D
[and if it does where would I go to file one?]

But thanks, I knew I made the right choice coming to nfo rather than "the other guys."
Edge100x
Founder
Founder

Post by Edge100x »

We can perform extra wipes when usage is low, such as during the night. If you have a managed server, you can also trigger one at any time through the "Managed panel" page of the control panel.