I need help.

Figgsy
A semi-regular
A semi-regular
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UC40BgXanDqOYoVCYFDSTfHA

I need help.

Post by Figgsy »

So, I'm really new to this whole server running business, and honestly I was completely lost when I started. I'm a little better now, but apprehensive about moving forward.

For example, when I started, I changed around some (what I thought were minor) settings in the gamemodes.txt file. Things like the values for mp_friendlyfire, bot values, and so on. Later when I was on my server, I encountered the scoreboard glitch (000-000) and was forced to do a full wipe of my server.

I want to customize certain settings, and I'm sure that it's possible without messing the whole server up, I just need a little guidance.
LittleB
This is my homepage
This is my homepage

Re: I need help.

Post by LittleB »

You want to setup a gamemodes_server.txt file.You can follow the gamemodes_server.txt.example file in your CSGO folder or you can copy the gamesmode.txt file & create the gamemodes_server.txt that way.If you clarification on anything, let me know.
Figgsy
A semi-regular
A semi-regular

Post by Figgsy »

Will the server then take the values from the gamemodes_server.txt file instead of the gamemodes.txt?

Or is there something else I would have to do?
LittleB
This is my homepage
This is my homepage

Post by LittleB »

Either way works,but i would take the values in gamemodes.txt.Just download a copy of the gamemodes.txt & rename it to gamemodes_server.txt.Then edit your cvars etc.
Vanderburg
Former staff
Former staff

Post by Vanderburg »

You would want to use the gamemodes_server.txt file for this. Anything you don't set, inherits from gamemodes.txt and anything you do set, will be used from gamemodes_server.txt, even if it already exists in gamemodes.txt.
Figgsy
A semi-regular
A semi-regular

Post by Figgsy »

I tried exactly what you said, downloaded gamemodes.txt, renamed to gamemodes_server.txt, changed what I wanted, and reuploaded it. Yet I'm still getting the scoreboard bug? This is really frustrating...
FlyingMongoose
This is my homepage
This is my homepage

Post by FlyingMongoose »

Unfortunately I've run into this on multiple instances, the only thing I've been able to do to resolve it is a back up of my own configs and a full wipe of the server (you have to issue a support request unless you run thru a managed dedicated or managed vps). Any edit to the gamemodes.txt file has the potential of causing this bug, it should never be altered or overwritten in any way. Not sure why it causes this bug.
Figgsy
A semi-regular
A semi-regular

Post by Figgsy »

Thats the thing though I didn't touch gamemodes.txt at all! I created the gamemodes_server.txt and used that but still encountered the error.
Figgsy
A semi-regular
A semi-regular

Post by Figgsy »

After some experimenting I determined that changing the value of mp_halftime from 1 to 0 in the classic competitive gametype is causing the scoreboard to bug out. My next question would obviously be, why?
Figgsy
A semi-regular
A semi-regular

Post by Figgsy »

Apologies for triple posting, but another problem that just sprung up is that I can't seem to get bots in my server anymore.
FlyingMongoose
This is my homepage
This is my homepage

Post by FlyingMongoose »

bot_join_after 0 player doesn't seem to work properly anymore. (found this issue a while ago), not sure why.

Ultimately I just deal with it.