Update Issues? [with an unmanaged L4D2 server]

Ask questions about dedicated servers here and we and other users will do our best to answer them. Please also refer to the self-help section for tutorials and answers to the most commonly asked questions.
.=QUACK=.Major.Pain
This is my homepage
This is my homepage
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UC40BgXanDqOYoVCYFDSTfHA

Update Issues? [with an unmanaged L4D2 server]

Post by .=QUACK=.Major.Pain »

Anyone else having issues with the last update?

We have our servers setup to autupdate when a release comes out, but it's been updating over and over for 2 days.

I shut off the autoupdate, and manually updated the servers, but apparently it's installing the incorrect version. Servers have been empty for 2 days now.
Visit gspreviews.com And Rate & Review Your Old & Current GSP's
Find Your GSP Coupons at gspreviews.com/coupons/
Patriot
A regular
A regular

Re: Update Issues? [with an unmanaged L4D2 server]

Post by Patriot »

Sorry for the late reply.

My l4d2 servers had the same looping update issue, which required disabling the UGCC automatic update process. Then I used an old batch file process (kept as a backup for just this sort of occurrence) to manually update the servers. Reviewing the update logs showed version errors from Steam.inf.

current server version is v2.1.1.0

Server traffic does seem off since the multiple Valve updates at the end of last week. Keep in mind, Valve's Thursday update update broke the .vpk file access rules on secure dedicated servers, so no one could connect unless the server had -insecure in the command line. Their second update intended to fix the broken .vpk issue broke the Steam Group master servers, so clients no longer had a Steam group server list over the entire long weekend. That kept a lot of players off of the servers.

As of Monday, Valve repaired the Steam Group server list, so I assume traffic should be back to normal levels. We will see...

Patriot
Patriot
A regular
A regular

Post by Patriot »

Sorry for the spam, but the forums give very little time to edit your post....

To get around the broken Steam Group server list, I posted instructions for players to use the "connect ip:port" console command to connect directly to our servers, or to use "mm_dedicated_force_servers ip:port" console command take a lobby to a specific server.

That helped quite a few players to get connected.

Regards,

Patriot
.=QUACK=.Major.Pain
This is my homepage
This is my homepage

Post by .=QUACK=.Major.Pain »

Seems things still aren't fixed. Most of our servers have been empty since Friday. Love how they break things that ran fine before hand.
Visit gspreviews.com And Rate & Review Your Old & Current GSP's
Find Your GSP Coupons at gspreviews.com/coupons/