[SOLUTION] CS GO Server Crashes/Times Out on Round Restart

cyberdeath
New to forums
New to forums
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UC40BgXanDqOYoVCYFDSTfHA

[SOLUTION] CS GO Server Crashes/Times Out on Round Restart

Post by cyberdeath »

Hello everyone,

If any of you have mp_roundtime set to something higher than 10 minutes, you may have likely ran into an issue with the server timing out when the round restarts. This can cause quite a few undesirable effects...from annoying users (having to wait during timeout), to dropping a few users, to killing the entire server.

I have found that this fix actually does work...if it doesn't work for your situation...please reply and let us know!

https://forums.alliedmods.net/showthread.php?t=195713

Simply install this as a plugin to SourceMod, add sv_noroundstats 1 to your config, and restart the server.

For those of you technically minded individuals (and those who are just plain curious), the reason is coming from the server uploading game statistics to the Steam server. The longer the round, the more information it has to send...because (likely) more has taken place.

Hope this helps someone!
cyberdeath
GameSurge Staff
AtomicZone Clan Member

FlyingMongoose
This is my homepage
This is my homepage

Re: [SOLUTION] CS GO Server Crashes/Times Out on Round Resta

Post by FlyingMongoose »

I completely forgot that cvar existed, but I do round based servers based around default configs, but this is great info for those who use time limits.
cyberdeath
New to forums
New to forums

Post by cyberdeath »

FlyingMongoose wrote:I completely forgot that cvar existed, but I do round based servers based around default configs, but this is great info for those who use time limits.
FlyingMongoose,

Yep, that's an old cvar from CS:S that was brought back to life through that mod.

Speaking of round-based servers...there is an issue (most people know...but in case someone doesn't) if you set mp_maxrounds to 0, it will endlessly loop. You have to set it to a variable above 0....so you could do 1000 and hopefully not have to worry about it changing anytime soon.
cyberdeath
GameSurge Staff
AtomicZone Clan Member

FlyingMongoose
This is my homepage
This is my homepage

Post by FlyingMongoose »

I actually knew that, unfortunately the demolition default configs actually rested on code execution before the update, so mp_maxrounds was set to 0 in the default gamemodes.txt, it wound with both mp_timelimit and mp_maxrounds set to 0, infinite map change loop. I had to set it manually in my configs, but it got it fixed.
cyberdeath
New to forums
New to forums

Post by cyberdeath »

FlyingMongoose wrote:I actually knew that, unfortunately the demolition default configs actually rested on code execution before the update, so mp_maxrounds was set to 0 in the default gamemodes.txt, it wound with both mp_timelimit and mp_maxrounds set to 0, infinite map change loop. I had to set it manually in my configs, but it got it fixed.
FlyingMongoose,

So did you set it to a value above 0? Or do you have a different solution? Did you just modify the "default" config?
cyberdeath
GameSurge Staff
AtomicZone Clan Member

FlyingMongoose
This is my homepage
This is my homepage

Post by FlyingMongoose »

I actually still make use of gamemodes_server.txt here's why
http://www.nfoservers.com/forums/viewto ... =82&t=7903

But all I did was set my maxrounds to what the default SHOULD have been (as indicated in the demolition map loader screen).
Cain
This is my homepage
This is my homepage

Post by Cain »

Is this necessary for a Competitive server that runs 30 rounds per map??
finn
A regular
A regular

Post by finn »

His initial post stated anyone with mp_roundtime set to anything larger than 10mins. You are asking about mp_maxrounds. They are not the same.
Wexcide
A semi-regular
A semi-regular

Post by Wexcide »

Does disabling these stats have any negative affects? Like no achievements or anything? I run 35 min DM rounds, so the time out because an issue now and again.
cyberdeath
New to forums
New to forums

Post by cyberdeath »

Wexcide wrote:Does disabling these stats have any negative affects? Like no achievements or anything? I run 35 min DM rounds, so the time out because an issue now and again.
Hi Wexcide,

I have not seen any negative repercussions as a result of this change.

Achievements seem to be uploading to Steam still. You only disable achivements when you have sv_cheats set to 1.

Hope this helps!
cyberdeath
GameSurge Staff
AtomicZone Clan Member