Unmanaged VDS server restart

Ask questions about dedicated servers here and we and other users will do our best to answer them. Please also refer to the self-help section for tutorials and answers to the most commonly asked questions.
maverick03191989
A regular
A regular
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UC40BgXanDqOYoVCYFDSTfHA

Unmanaged VDS server restart

Post by maverick03191989 »

Hi,

I wonder if there is a certain program, script or whatever that makes my server restart daily to keep the good performance and/or when it crashes.
Edge100x
Founder
Founder

Re: Unmanaged VDS server restart

Post by Edge100x »

You won't need to restart the entire VDS (and it wouldn't be a good idea to do so). In terms of restarting the game server, what OS are you running, and how are you currently running the server?
TacTicToe
This is my homepage
This is my homepage

Post by TacTicToe »

http://www.firedaemon.com/

This is what I use for my Windows server. Bought a Pro license for $50 and it is well worth it. Will re-start a crashed server. Will re-start your server at a scheduled time. You can install Firedaemon Fusion which is a web interface that gives you full control of the server and FireDaemon from your web browser.

IMO the $50 license is WELL worth it, if youre serious about what youre doing.
maverick03191989
A regular
A regular

Thank you tictactoe!!!
Edge100x wrote:You won't need to restart the entire VDS (and it wouldn't be a good idea to do so). In terms of restarting the game server, what OS are you running, and how are you currently running the server?
I'm currently running a managed VDS. But I would like to switch to unmanaged (maybe windows 2012??) since I can't load a plugin that boosts up goldsource servers.
maverick03191989
A regular
A regular

TacTicToe wrote:http://www.firedaemon.com/

This is what I use for my Windows server. Bought a Pro license for $50 and it is well worth it. Will re-start a crashed server. Will re-start your server at a scheduled time. You can install Firedaemon Fusion which is a web interface that gives you full control of the server and FireDaemon from your web browser.

IMO the $50 license is WELL worth it, if youre serious about what youre doing.
Thank you!
But I'm actually looking for something I don't have to pay for :D
.=QUACK=.Major.Pain
This is my homepage
This is my homepage

Post by .=QUACK=.Major.Pain »

You could probably do it by writing a bat/cmd file that runs a timed loop where on every cycle it would stop the process, and then start it back up.

I've seen something similar in forums for dayz servers, but I wouldn't have a clue where I saw it.
Visit gspreviews.com And Rate & Review Your Old & Current GSP's
Find Your GSP Coupons at gspreviews.com/coupons/