Arma 2 Mod Installation

187lloyd
New to forums
New to forums
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UC40BgXanDqOYoVCYFDSTfHA

Arma 2 Mod Installation

Post by 187lloyd »

I know how to upload a MOD with the FTP in the file manager. The problem is our server is running Arma 2 Combined Operations and I have no clue where to upload the mods (folders with the @ModName) and when I do upload them when I set up the parameters such as -mod=arma2;expansions;ca;@CBA for example it does not work, server does not respond. Any help would be great.
Wexcide
A semi-regular
A semi-regular

Re: Arma 2 Mod Installation

Post by Wexcide »

You should just upload them to the root directory as "@MOD_NAME" and then add it to the parameters under server control. Just like your game client. Then restart your server.

For example mine looks like:

Code: Select all

arma2;expansion;ca;@ACE;@ACEX;@ACEX_RU;@ACEX_SM;@ACEX_USNavy;@CBA;@CBA_OA;@CBA_A2;@ASR_AI
187lloyd
New to forums
New to forums

Post by 187lloyd »

Ok the main problem is. We download the mod. We take the whole mod folder such as @NC (namalsk crisis) and try to transfer it. When it uploads it creates a whole new folder called addons, not transferring the original folder called @NC with the addons folder inside of it. And it also creates a whole new directory.
Attachments
Pic of server files
Pic of server files
Wexcide
A semi-regular
A semi-regular

Post by Wexcide »

Sounds like a FTP issue, what client do you use? If you are in Firefox, the FireFTP addon works great, if not, then Filezilla would be next choice.
Caliban55
This is my homepage
This is my homepage

Post by Caliban55 »

Yep, I can confirm that FileZilla works very good, just tested it with creating a @mod folder and had no problems. Another option would be to upload your folder under the name mod_upload (rename on your home computer first) and then rename it on the server to @your_mod_name.
187lloyd
New to forums
New to forums

Post by 187lloyd »

I am using firefox ftp. I will try to create a folder first then transfer.
BOSSMANSHEILD
New to forums
New to forums

Post by BOSSMANSHEILD »

If you check my image is the @mods going in the correct location.
Im having same problem getting the mods to work.
Not sure what the ? is about on the folders.
I was loading another file at the time.
Caliban55
This is my homepage
This is my homepage

Post by Caliban55 »

The arma2 folder is a bit strange, the Addons folder is missing, but otherwise the mod folder structure looks OK.

What mod are you trying to load and what is your problem/error message? If possible please post your .RPT file (log file/report file, you can find it in your User folder; hidden folder by default), so we can find a way to narrow down the problem a bit faster.
BOSSMANSHEILD
New to forums
New to forums

Post by BOSSMANSHEILD »

There was another issue the great team here reloaded the server from scratch.
The @mod are all up to date from sixupdater, I then uploaded to server.
I placed the mods that would be used in the server mod perameter setting. It saved ok.

Restarted server. It wouldnt start, so I slowly removed the mod startup line until I ended up with
-MOD=arma2;expansion;ca;@CBA;@CBA_A2;@CBA_OA

I have seen the same startup line in lower case on other web site forums is that important?

Anyway the server started and I went into the server to be told the following.

Attached is report took a while to find it.

Note I tested my local machine on another server it worked fine but not my server.
BOSSMANSHEILD
New to forums
New to forums

Post by BOSSMANSHEILD »

I stuffed up the file up load for the report here it is.
Attachments
exec_zeroalphanz report.txt
(55.63 KiB) Downloaded 196 times
Caliban55
This is my homepage
This is my homepage

Post by Caliban55 »

The startup parameters look fine, cba, cba_a2 and cba_oa are loaded correctly (except for line 603 from your report file
2012/11/07, 23:11:56 1:16:40.948 (0:00:02.192) versioning - cba_main - Not running!
; have to look if this is critical).

That you cannot connect to server is propably because you did not include the keys for the cba components according to your screenshot. You can either copy the .bikey files to your server key folder(s) (best copy them into main \keys folder and the \expansion\keys folder if you intend to use ArmA2 and ArmA2:OA; ArmA2 uses the main keys folder, OA the keys folder under \Expansions\), or you can comment out the line in your server config that says
verifySignatures = 2;
to
//verifySignatures = 2;
I recommend the first and to make sure to use bikeys version 2 (the verifySignatures = 2 part).

You can find the bikeys in their respective mod folders, for example @cba\store\keys\cba_b179.bikey. To make it short, just upload the bikeys to the server keys folder.

For the other mods that you are trying to load, make sure to include all the dependencies on other components.

If that does not help, try to catch me on Teamspeak and we can take a closer look at this. You can find the Teamspeak info here: http://www.tnt-squad.com/joomla/index.php