4-player round start

Tag
A semi-regular
A semi-regular
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UC40BgXanDqOYoVCYFDSTfHA

4-player round start

Post by Tag »

Folks,

I remember a while back there was a huge discussion about player limits for starting a round. In the end DICE set it to 1-player and everyone was happy, least that's what I thought, until today's patch.

Does anyone know what triggered this change ? especially after all this time ?

I personally have mixed feelings about it. I realize what their goal is, but they certainly made it much tougher to populate servers now IMO.
J-English
This is my homepage
This is my homepage

Re: 4-player round start

Post by J-English »

Seriously? Theyve done that again...thats so retarded..I remember when they did that before ,it was terrible just dont
understand why would they do that again
..pointless and will hurt new comers wanting to start a bf3 community
jaythegreat1
This is my homepage
This is my homepage

Post by jaythegreat1 »

Stats... that's all you need to know.

Players were going in empty servers and boosting their stats by killing and reviving each other. Might not be such a horrible thing, as there are already too many empty servers out there.
Chill n Kill Gaming - http://www.cnkgaming.com
J-English
This is my homepage
This is my homepage

Post by J-English »

jaythegreat1 wrote:Stats... that's all you need to know.

Players were going in empty servers and boosting their stats by killing and reviving each other. Might not be such a horrible thing, as there are already too many empty servers out there.
But they should.allow people to run around play with each other until the minimum amount of players that are needed for it to enable stats.if theres just a couple of players,you wont be able to start stat padding.

Something like that would make sense.At least for newbies they can play around,get use to the game.
Regardless if servers are empty or not...many pc games have empty servers.
hiimcody1
Staff
Staff

Post by hiimcody1 »

You're forgetting EA is involved... nuff said.
Edge100x
Founder
Founder

Post by Edge100x »

But they should.allow people to run around play with each other until the minimum amount of players that are needed for it to enable stats.if theres just a couple of players,you wont be able to start stat padding.
That's how they have implemented it. You can play, but stats don't count until you hit 4.
J-English
This is my homepage
This is my homepage

Post by J-English »

Edge100x wrote:
That's how they have implemented it. You can play, but stats don't count until you hit 4.

Thats good news at least...I remember the old patch were it was needed for 4 players to start,otherwise you would spawn on an empty server with just 2 players and wernt able to move unless more players joined.

At least they didnt go down that old patch route.
Tag
A semi-regular
A semi-regular

Post by Tag »

IMO:

1) Instating a player limit at this time is trivial. The game is more than a year old. Most stat padders declared mission accomplished long time ago. They should've implemented this shortly after launch, not now.

2) This will deter players from joining a server with less than 4 people as their kills won't count, hence making an admin's attempt to fill their server(s) much harder.