Getting a server started

EmX
New to forums
New to forums
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UC40BgXanDqOYoVCYFDSTfHA

Getting a server started

Post by EmX »

I'm really happy with Nulear Fallout, but I'm having a very hard time getting my server populated. Any suggestions for popular modes and mpas to get it going? thanks for any helpful comments.
Cheers
kraze
Former staff
Former staff

Re: Getting a server started

Post by kraze »

We actually have some really good tips on how to get your server populated here;
http://www.nfoservers.com/forums/viewto ... =70&t=5931
@Kraze^NFo> Juski has a very valid point
@Juski> Got my new signature, thanks!
@Kraze^NFo> Out of context!
@Juski> Doesn't matter!
@Juski> You said I had a valid point! You can't take it back now! It's out there!
TimSad
This is my homepage
This is my homepage

Re: Getting a server started

Post by TimSad »

The key things are...
  • player resources (willing regulars/community members) and their activeness in getting servers started
  • time and patience
  • finding something unique to run to give to the players (has to also captivate them) map/mode/rotation-wise
  • seeding computer(s) on your end (when a server is empty, I seed with the computer I game with as well as an alternative computer right beside my playing computer)
  • trying to stay active while seeding a server - although putting your guys in the server as idle is better than naught, staying active will surely help get a server going more so (don't go hard on the players or they'll leave and try keeping things as balanced as possible keeping that first thing in mind)
  • rinse and repeat all the above to eventually get a self filling server (could take up to a few months or just a few weeks if you're lucky)
                                                Our NFO Battlefield Servers!
ImageImage