Players spawning/reviving with no gun

Star
New to forums
New to forums
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UC40BgXanDqOYoVCYFDSTfHA

Players spawning/reviving with no gun

Post by Star »

Over at global-conflict.org, we have two unranked/private servers. One is Multiplay in the EU, one is NFO here in the US. We run 32v32 matches every saturday and smaller (20v20) matches on Tuesdays.

Ever since the Aftermath DLC was released, players will randomly spawn in with no gun, exit a vehicle and have no gun, get revived with no gun, etc. The only solution is to wait around in the server for roughly five minutes, at which point you'll suddenly get your guns back, or to quit the game and rejoin. It appears to happen in waves, with long periods of stability followed by a sudden surge of people having problems. We'll go a full day without a problem, then halfway through the next day whole squads are missing their gun.

The thing is that while no one in our community can ever recall having it happen to them in a public match, everyone has had the problem multiple times on our unranked servers. To be clear, this is NOT the invisible gun glitch where you can still shoot and zoom; when this happens to you, you cannot fire any of your guns, vehicle sounds become glitchy, your crosshair turns to a dot, and your hands/feet will not render anywhere.

I can't find anything with my google-fu that would explain why this happens so frequently to us and so infrequently in pubs. Does anyone have any ideas or leads for me to follow?
kraze
Former staff
Former staff

Re: Players spawning/reviving with no gun

Post by kraze »

I've had this happen a few times on some unranked servers. I've never found a fix to it since usually suiciding and re-spawning gives it back.

Does this seem to happen on a certain map or it is just completely random?

Also, have you tried running the server without procon and/or any plugins just to eliminate the possibility of it messing with it?
@Kraze^NFo> Juski has a very valid point
@Juski> Got my new signature, thanks!
@Kraze^NFo> Out of context!
@Juski> Doesn't matter!
@Juski> You said I had a valid point! You can't take it back now! It's out there!
Star
New to forums
New to forums

Post by Star »

Seems totally random. At first we thought it was AK maps (seems to happen more on them), but we've gotten it on Sharqi as well. Suiciding/respawning doesn't seem to help. The only thing we've found that works is rejoining or just waiting it out.

Haven't tried disconnecting procon and seeing if that fixes it. We do run slightly custom settings, but no plugins that I'm aware of beyond procon itself.
kraze
Former staff
Former staff

Post by kraze »

I would say disconnect Procon and try with a few different game settings to see if that helps at all.

You can also delete startup.txt via the file manager tab in your control panel and reboot the server so the server can generate a new one. This can help rule out any configuration issues.
@Kraze^NFo> Juski has a very valid point
@Juski> Got my new signature, thanks!
@Kraze^NFo> Out of context!
@Juski> Doesn't matter!
@Juski> You said I had a valid point! You can't take it back now! It's out there!