Handful of issues with new BF3 server

Heltor Skeltor
New to forums
New to forums
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UC40BgXanDqOYoVCYFDSTfHA

Handful of issues with new BF3 server

Post by Heltor Skeltor »

We just recently started a server back up for BF3 after changing and improving our platoon (TLD) to our community (BattlefieldGamers). We have been having some issues with a few of the settings in the server control panel and wanted to get some help determining what is preventing the settings from working properly, so any feedback is welcomed. These are the issues we are having:

#1) NFO's Map Cycler: We can list as many maps as we want, but if we tick the "map cycler", it only displays one map for our server description in Battlelog and using the !nextmap command just cycles the same one map over and over. We are instead manually inputting the map rotation, and it is working fine, but it would be nice to use the built-in cycler.

#2) Adjust Player Limit Automatically: We are running a 32 man server, but when this is selected, it will not allow more than 12 people to join the server. Initially, it will display in battlelog as an 8-man server and when enough have joined, it changes to 12, but then if a 13th or more try to join, it puts them in queue. We have simply disabled this feature, but again, it would be nice to use to try and get more "quick match" players.

#3) Round Start Player Count: We have this set to "1", again to try to get more "quick match" players, but in-game it still requires 4 to start. Not a serious issue for us as there are typically more than four of us on anyway, but once again, it would be nice to get the extra activity on the server. I may have stumbled upon the answer to this in another thread, "BF3 patch update notes", that DICE has mandated that all servers must have a min of four players to start and the NFO control panel just hasn't been updated to reflect that, but if I could get confirmation one way or the other I'd appreciate it.

Thanks for the help!
Edge100x
Founder
Founder

Re: Handful of issues with new BF3 server

Post by Edge100x »

For #1 and #2, it sounds like you need to wait slightly longer (another minute or two) for your change to take effect after submitting the page. I also do not recommend running the automatic player adjuster at this point, since it was originally meant to help with quickmatch, but they have since changed the algorithm (as described on the page).

For #3, the round should start with the number of players that you specify. However, EA has recently made it so that the server will not become ranked until it reaches 4 players.
jaythegreat1
This is my homepage
This is my homepage

Post by jaythegreat1 »

For the player adjuster, you may want to set to adjust 2 from the max. Example 22/24 I would then go to 32.

But as Edge stated... no need to go less/more of whats required for quick-match now.
Chill n Kill Gaming - http://www.cnkgaming.com
Heltor Skeltor
New to forums
New to forums

Post by Heltor Skeltor »

Thanks for the feedback. That solves the 2nd and 3rd issues for us. I'll try the map cycler again and give it a while after restarting the server to see if it straightens itself out and post the result.