Punkbuster Streaming

maester
New to forums
New to forums
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UC40BgXanDqOYoVCYFDSTfHA

Punkbuster Streaming

Post by maester »

I received an email from PBBans stating I was no longer streaming to them. Confirmed all settings were correct. Still was not working. Contacted them on there forum and received that everyone who is with NFO has been having same issue. So they referred us to you to see what the issue is. Any help would be appreciated. Ticket placed to be safe Request #462646 Attached is the Post by PBBans Staff to contact you.
Attachments
pb2.png
pb1.png
pb.png
bhzdclan
A regular
A regular

Re: Punkbuster Streaming

Post by bhzdclan »

same response for us from PBBans

ticket submitted Request #429052
.=QUACK=.Major.Pain
This is my homepage
This is my homepage

Post by .=QUACK=.Major.Pain »

Not sure if it matters, but:

1) Are you on a gameserver, VDS, or Dedicated server?
2) Can you confirm PB is running in your console? pb_sv_restart in console to restart PB
3) Is PB up to date? Think the command in console would be pb_sv_update to run the update and pb_sv_ver to check the server version.
4) Server location? In case the issue confined to one location.

Not having a BF3 server anymore, I couldn't really troubleshoot further than that.
They don't use port blocking or firewalls so can't see that being an issue, but maybe they implemented something for ddos attacks that might have started an issue.
Visit gspreviews.com And Rate & Review Your Old & Current GSP's
Find Your GSP Coupons at gspreviews.com/coupons/
maester
New to forums
New to forums

Post by maester »

yes I have confirmed PB is running and I am only running the BF3 Server out of Chicago. PB_SV_VER shows the correct version.

Staff has replied to my ticket and was directed here for the screenshots. Hopefully they can figure it out.
maester
New to forums
New to forums

Post by maester »

Latest Replies at PBBans seems even the staff there servers have stopped streaming from here
Attachments
pb4.png
pb3.png
.=QUACK=.Major.Pain
This is my homepage
This is my homepage

Post by .=QUACK=.Major.Pain »

Your screenshots are pretty much unreadable.
Visit gspreviews.com And Rate & Review Your Old & Current GSP's
Find Your GSP Coupons at gspreviews.com/coupons/
bhzdclan
A regular
A regular

Post by bhzdclan »

from PBBans

Just to recap.
It seems that all NFO BF3 / MOH wafighter servers stopped streaming March 01, 2013 at around 3:06 - 3:07 am.
Every other RSP has no issues what so ever
Edge100x
Founder
Founder

Post by Edge100x »

This was due to a combination of how pbucon works, the specific way that these services were using it, and an advanced firewall filter that we added to protect against a certain class of DoS attacks that were taking out many popular BF3 servers on Thursday night.

I have added whitelist entries for ACI, GGC, and PBBans. If anyone still has problems with another streaming service, please let us know.

On the good-news front, that firewall rule did seem to help to keep the attacks at bay on Friday. We saw many fewer problems with servers dumping their players.
bhzdclan
A regular
A regular

Post by bhzdclan »

streaming again thanks
maester
New to forums
New to forums

Post by maester »

.=QUACK=.Major.Pain wrote:Your screenshots are pretty much unreadable.

My bad the file system makes you resize them to no larger then 300 width so I had to scale them down.
Edge100x wrote:This was due to a combination of how pbucon works, the specific way that these services were using it, and an advanced firewall filter that we added to protect against a certain class of DoS attacks that were taking out many popular BF3 servers on Thursday night.

I have added whitelist entries for ACI, GGC, and PBBans. If anyone still has problems with another streaming service, please let us know.

On the good-news front, that firewall rule did seem to help to keep the attacks at bay on Friday. We saw many fewer problems with servers dumping their players.
Thank you so much for the quick resolve