No one can connect to GoldSrc servers

Ask questions about dedicated servers here and we and other users will do our best to answer them. Please also refer to the self-help section for tutorials and answers to the most commonly asked questions.
beskor
New to forums
New to forums
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UC40BgXanDqOYoVCYFDSTfHA

No one can connect to GoldSrc servers

Post by beskor »

I'm trying to host a cs 1.6 and condition zero server off my VDS and the server won't appear online to players. I've set up hundreds of these servers and I did it the same way as always but this time it's not working. We have OrangeBox games running on the VDS that show up fine and we get an average amount of players in, but goldsrc games don't want to work.

I tried running the check with http://api.steampowered.com/ISteamApps/ ... DDRESSHERE like NFO suggested to me in support and it says they're connecting. I just don't get why no one can connect. Let me know if anyone could help.
Edge100x
Founder
Founder

Re: No one can connect to GoldSrc servers

Post by Edge100x »

Did you install the server through the SteamCMD tool? If you use the old HLDSUpdateTool method, you'll get an old version of the game that will not work properly.

We have a guide on how to set up a server here: http://www.nfoservers.com/forums/viewto ... =67&t=8803
beskor
New to forums
New to forums

Post by beskor »

I installed it using both ways and it was the same outcome. I then set it up so that it used a port below 27015 and it started to work, but then caused disconnection problems for our orangebox servers. We're probably just going to rent a brand new VDS just for the goldsrc games.
Edge100x
Founder
Founder

Post by Edge100x »

Do you have each server that you're running manually assigned to its own unique IP and port combination?
beskor
New to forums
New to forums

Post by beskor »

Since my VDS only has 1 IP at the moment we just have it so each server is on it's own port. For example our Garry's Mod Server #1 is on port 27015 and our Garry's Mod Server #2 is on 27016. We wanted it so the GoldSrc games would take up other ports but it causes to many problems.

Maybe if I just purchase additional IPs?
Edge100x
Founder
Founder

Post by Edge100x »

Purchasing additional IPs would be one way to go. If you use servers sharing an IP, make certain that they're not clobbering each other, though, and you should be OK. Note that the games use more ports than just the primary one, so it's best to use "netstat" to look at the others.