teamspeak 3 domain name

frev
New to forums
New to forums
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UC40BgXanDqOYoVCYFDSTfHA

teamspeak 3 domain name

Post by frev »

I need help in connecting our server via our domain name and if possible without the port. Since I don't really know much about this, I'll tell you what i tried so far. I first used a service called ts3dns.com which works completely but requires you to pay. Using that service, I can connect to ub.ts.nfoservers.com from ts.ubgaming.tk by providing the server ip:port (66.150.214.9:7120) and creating a CNAME to ts3dns.com . So I was thinking there has to be a way to do this in using maybe an SRV record? I tried to do this SRV:
_ts3._udp.voice.ubgaming.tk. 300 IN SRV 1 100 7120 ub.ts.nfoservers.com.
The above did not work so I tried creating a CNAME for ts. ubgaming.tk to ub.ts.nfoservers.com and THAT didn't work.
I also tried doing an A record for 66.150.214.9 and creating an SRV with port pointing to the A record. If anyone could help me set this up, It would be greatly appreciated.
kraze
Former staff
Former staff

Re: teamspeak 3 domain name

Post by kraze »

It is not possible to do so unless you are using a port. You would need to use TS3dns if you didn't want to use a port.

If your domain name is hosted with us you can follow these guide for setting up an "A" record to point it to the IP:
http://www.nfoservers.com/forums/viewto ... =19&t=7428
but the port is required.

This would also work on another host.
@Kraze^NFo> Juski has a very valid point
@Juski> Got my new signature, thanks!
@Kraze^NFo> Out of context!
@Juski> Doesn't matter!
@Juski> You said I had a valid point! You can't take it back now! It's out there!
frev
New to forums
New to forums

Post by frev »

If you don't mind me asking, how does the service ts3dns.com do it?
Edge100x
Founder
Founder

Post by Edge100x »

The 3rd-party service likely uses the TSDNS system, as that's the easiest way to go about it. That's what we use internally to make addresses like "atlanta.ts.nfoservers.com" work.

SRV records also are supposed to work (http://support.teamspeakusa.com/index.p ... rv-records), but I haven't experimented with those.
frev
New to forums
New to forums

Post by frev »

sweet, i finally made it work. To anyone wondering what I did to make it work, all you need to do is setup an A record then a SRV record:
First, I set an A record where frev.ubgaming.tk = xxx.xxx.xxx (ts ip)
Then, i setup an SRV in the following format:
Service is: _ts3
Protocol is: _udp
Name is: voice (or whatever subdomain you want)
Priority: 0 (default)
Weight: 10 (default)
Port: 7120 (your ts port)
target: frev.ubgaming.tk (your A record target)
TTL: 3600
Nomufftotuff
New to forums
New to forums

Post by Nomufftotuff »

so does this alow you to search (MUFF Zone) for example and link to my TS3 server?