You asked for card verification info. What do I send?

Edge100x
Founder
Founder
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UC40BgXanDqOYoVCYFDSTfHA

You asked for card verification info. What do I send?

Post by Edge100x »

When our 3rd-party risk estimator tells us that there is a high chance of fraud with an order, or there is a major fraud risk for another reason, we may ask for additional verification materials before we manually clear the payment. Our payment processors have told us to ask for three specific things:

- The back of a standard (not prepaid) credit/debit card issued directly in your name (the side with the signature; it must be signed)
- The front of a government-issued photo ID corresponding to the owner of the card, which must also have a signature field
- The handwritten statement "I authorize NFOservers to charge this card." and the card holder's signature

If we ask for these, they need to be provided on a single-sheet scan or single digital photo and emailed to verification@nfoservers.com.

This is what a valid submission looks like:
verification.jpg
These are the same materials that are required by many brick-and-mortar stores for everyday transactions.
Edge100x
Founder
Founder

Re: You asked for card verification info. What do I send?

Post by Edge100x »

We've heard some customer confusion about whether the credit card needs to be signed. If it has a signature field on the back, it does need to be signed, regardless of where you live or what you might have been told by friends and relatives. We are contractually obligated to check for this signature on cards shown to us, and to reject cards that should be signed but are not signed. As a consumer, you are also contractually obligated to sign, and you should want to sign -- if you don't, you open yourself up to an identity thief signing it himself/herself after taking it from you!

Every card also says on the back that it is not valid without a signature.