A few questions

Ask questions about dedicated servers here and we and other users will do our best to answer them. Please also refer to the self-help section for tutorials and answers to the most commonly asked questions.
tara81
New to forums
New to forums
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UC40BgXanDqOYoVCYFDSTfHA

A few questions

Post by tara81 »

Is mySql added on request when buying a dedicated server from your website through managed servers?

Does your managed dedicated servers control panel have compatibility with spigot (minecraft server)?

I have a minecraft server, and sometimes it gets "DDOSSED" but my current host always null routes my IP and does not provide me with any information for hours about the incident and does not check to see if the attack is over with until like 10 hours later. It is very frustrating and hurting my server population. The server does get DDOSSed at least once monthly it seems, However, I am not sure if i am the real target or if my host is and they are just lying to us , because sometimes on the same day they say "our network is under attack.. " then later they say "your server is under attack".

Anyways, How strong attacks are you able to mitigate? Up to 1GB by any chance?

If you cannot mitigate and you have to null route a large attack, Will you periodicly check to see if the DDOSS is still happening and remove the null route if the attacker has given up every 2 hours?

Thanks for your time !
Edge100x
Founder
Founder

Re: A few questions

Post by Edge100x »

tara81 wrote:Is mySql added on request when buying a dedicated server from your website through managed servers?
We don't offer local MySQL and recommend that customers use sqlite or similar systems instead. We do offer MySQL service with our webhosting out of Seattle, and many customers purchase an inexpensive 1-core Linux-only VDS at the same location as their machines for their MySQL and miscellaneous needs.
Does your managed dedicated servers control panel have compatibility with spigot (minecraft server)?
Yes, Spigot works properly with our servers. We have an autoinstaller for it, as well, and I recommend it over bukkit for large servers.
I have a minecraft server, and sometimes it gets "DDOSSED" but my current host always null routes my IP and does not provide me with any information for hours about the incident and does not check to see if the attack is over with until like 10 hours later. It is very frustrating and hurting my server population. The server does get DDOSSed at least once monthly it seems, However, I am not sure if i am the real target or if my host is and they are just lying to us , because sometimes on the same day they say "our network is under attack.. " then later they say "your server is under attack".
You wouldn't see that here. We are very good about customer communication, promptly making posts when we see an overall location problem, an issue with a machine, or an attack on a customer. We rarely have to null-route, and we make sure that the customer knows why, if we do, and how long it will last.
Anyways, How strong attacks are you able to mitigate? Up to 1GB by any chance?
It depends on the type of attack. For most bandwidth-based attacks, we can filter up to our capacity at the location, which is given on this page: https://www.nfoservers.com/networklocations.php. Most locations have 10 Gbps capacities, and a couple have 20 Gbps.
If you cannot mitigate and you have to null route a large attack, Will you periodicly check to see if the DDOSS is still happening and remove the null route if the attacker has given up every 2 hours?
A null-route generally remains in place for 24 hours. If an attack is large enough that it can't be filtered, then it's likely even overloading Internap's network internally, and we can't take chances at further collateral damage that day.

It's rare for us to have to null-route any customer. We see dozens of attacks every day that are filtered, and only every couple of months do we see one large enough that it has to be nulled.
rustydusty1717
This is my homepage
This is my homepage

Re: A few questions

Post by rustydusty1717 »

SQLExpress is a free version for Windows. Although it does have it's limitations, it should be plenty for most standard applications.