How do I keep IPs when I switch from unmanaged to managed?

kraze
Former staff
Former staff
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UC40BgXanDqOYoVCYFDSTfHA

How do I keep IPs when I switch from unmanaged to managed?

Post by kraze »

If you have an unmanaged VDS but want to switch to a managed VDS and keep all of your IP addresses, you'll need to follow a specific set of steps.

Currently when you switch from an unmanaged VDS to a managed VDS, all of your IPs are saved for 12 hours so that you can reuse them for new game servers. However, on the new managed VDS, one of your IP addresses will be used for the overall host, leaving it unavailable for game servers on the VDS. Since the system will always attempt to choose the overall host IP address from the currently assigned pool (and not the deleted pool) first, you can use the following procedure to make sure that all of your preferred IP addresses are used for game servers.
  1. Visit the VDS order page and use a standard change order to add one more IP address to your current VDS.
  2. Go to the "IP list" tab in your control panel and set any rDNS entry for the newly added IP. If rDNS is not enabled for you, contact us via the "Help" tab in your control panel, so that we can turn it on.
  3. Complete another change order, this time removing all of the extra IP addresses.
  4. With only the single IP address now assigned to your VDS -- the new one with the rDNS entry (which is the one you don't care about) -- go to the "Server control" tab in your control panel and install your chosen managed OS.
  5. Proceed with the standard process of adding support for the games that you'll be running and creating the game servers again. Each server that you create will draw from the list of IP addresses that you deleted in step #3, as long as you do this within 12 hours.