FAO: John - Free TS with GameServers but not VDS? :(

Ask questions about dedicated servers here and we and other users will do our best to answer them. Please also refer to the self-help section for tutorials and answers to the most commonly asked questions.
MikeGracia
A semi-regular
A semi-regular
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UC40BgXanDqOYoVCYFDSTfHA

FAO: John - Free TS with GameServers but not VDS? :(

Post by MikeGracia »

Hey :)

Sorry to be a pain, just had a quick question.

It seems that someone buying a gameserver for around $30 a month gets a free TS or Mumble server with their order, but spending $70+ a month for a VDS (or more), doesn't qualify for a free TS or Mumble :(

Is there a reason for this? Just seems a bit strange that we'd have to pay $4.99 or so a month for a 20 slot TS or Mumble, whereas someone spending half as much on their gameserver gets it for free?

Could someone explain why? Not really moaning as such, just confused :S
soja
This is my homepage
This is my homepage

Re: FAO: John - Free TS with GameServers but not VDS? :(

Post by soja »

TS3 is not free with a game server.

Mumble is free with a 15+ slot server, and is a completely free voice chat server, TS3 requires a license fee from the company who develops teamspeak.
Not a NFO employee
J-English
This is my homepage
This is my homepage

Post by J-English »

I think if you`re buying a single gameservers say css or arma or whatever it is,They optimize that specific gameserver to the highest possible performance & they give u a free ts or mumble with it..Its why you pay more for it.

VDS gives you more flexability in installing gameservers,so it saves you money rather than purchasing single gameservers which cost more and is optimized for performance and comes with ts3 or mumble etc.
MikeGracia
A semi-regular
A semi-regular

Post by MikeGracia »

AHhh my bad. Well, I'd be happy with a mumble :P

No worries though - not complaining, just thought it odd that spending more meant you don't get the freebies :P

No stress tho
soja wrote:TS3 is not free with a game server.

Mumble is free with a 15+ slot server, and is a completely free voice chat server, TS3 requires a license fee from the company who develops teamspeak.
J-English wrote: I think if you`re buying a single gameservers say css or arma or whatever it is,They optimize that specific gameserver to the highest possible performance & they give u a free ts or mumble with it..Its why you pay more for it.

VDS gives you more flexability in installing gameservers,so it saves you money rather than purchasing single gameservers which cost more and is optimized for performance and comes with ts3 or mumble etc.
J-English
This is my homepage
This is my homepage

Post by J-English »

MikeGracia wrote:AHhh my bad. Well, I'd be happy with a mumble :P

No worries though - not complaining, just thought it odd that spending more meant you don't get the freebies :P

No stress tho
I know what you mean tho,i use to think the same :o
but if you think about it a 64 slot CSS server is around $60 - 70 odd bucks and thats just 1 server and because its optimized better you`re paying for that and you get a free TS ,mumble etc,different games different prices varies.

But at around $60 - 70 VDS you can install 4-12 game servers etc,so you are getting a good deal.
So there has to be some balance. :)
TacTicToe
This is my homepage
This is my homepage

Post by TacTicToe »

If you have a VDS, just setup your own TS3 server. It is free and not difficult at all. As a matter of fact, I applied for the free license which allows up to 512 slots. An unmanaged VDS is just the way to go all around.
MikeGracia
A semi-regular
A semi-regular

Post by MikeGracia »

TacTicToe wrote:If you have a VDS, just setup your own TS3 server. It is free and not difficult at all. As a matter of fact, I applied for the free license which allows up to 512 slots. An unmanaged VDS is just the way to go all around.
Good idea! - I have a Centos VPS for work - perhaps I'll use that? (less demand on the VDS gameserver :D)

KS3 free license? Is there such a thing? Didn't know! Do you have a link? :D

Thanks!
TacTicToe
This is my homepage
This is my homepage

Post by TacTicToe »

.=QUACK=.Major.Pain
This is my homepage
This is my homepage

Post by .=QUACK=.Major.Pain »

Good luck.
We tried for a license for our clan and were refused.
Visit gspreviews.com And Rate & Review Your Old & Current GSP's
Find Your GSP Coupons at gspreviews.com/coupons/
soja
This is my homepage
This is my homepage

Post by soja »

I managed to get one, I had a side website that had no ads and I used that domain to get the license. We probably would've been denied if we used our main site.

Even without a NPL(non-profit license) you can download the server app and run a 32 slot server.
Not a NFO employee