Need Help With Server Problem

TimSad
This is my homepage
This is my homepage
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UC40BgXanDqOYoVCYFDSTfHA

Need Help With Server Problem

Post by TimSad »

Hey, Edge or kraze or anyone! Are you able to tell me why my servers have been going down, booting the players off with the message "Connection to the server has timed out"?

For the past few days it has happened a couple times while I try to get my Conquest server going. Since it kept happening I was unable to get that server rolling the past few days so it has sat @ 0 players since. It just recently happened to our TDM Karkand server about an hour ago and then shortly after to our Conquest server when we started to get that server rolling.

I'm thinking there may be malicious intent somewhere against our servers but I am not positive. It seemed too coincidental especially since a Twitch streamer was in both of the servers at the time it happened today.

I have a support ticket open (#281191) and the guys there are unable to find out anything further than what they see right in front of them and that being the usual game data. Also, I'm not sure if the automatic restart script is just being super fast or if maybe the restarts are being invoked from a hack but it seems right when everyone is disconnected the server goes down and restarts. I was hoping you guys could work your skills and help me figure out what the hell exactly is going on here.

Thanks a lot guys!
                                                Our NFO Battlefield Servers!
ImageImage
kraze
Former staff
Former staff

Re: Need Help With Server Problem

Post by kraze »

We can check your server logs upon request. In your already open request ask that John check the logs.

On top of that Blaze has seen a few issues in the past couple days and it appears there is a new exploit going around which is causing servers to freeze and require a reboot :/
@Kraze^NFo> Juski has a very valid point
@Juski> Got my new signature, thanks!
@Kraze^NFo> Out of context!
@Juski> Doesn't matter!
@Juski> You said I had a valid point! You can't take it back now! It's out there!
TimSad
This is my homepage
This is my homepage

Post by TimSad »

kraze wrote:On top of that Blaze has seen a few issues in the past couple days and it appears there is a new exploit going around which is causing servers to freeze and require a reboot :/
That sounds like the issue, actually! And unph4zed, the guy that was rolling around with me between my servers here has quite a few viewers on his Twitch stream and people that stop at nothing to harass him. Do you think that someone may maliciously be using this exploit against him? And you're sure this type of exploit has actually arisen?

Anyway, should I still request that John take a look at my logs in my support request?
ImageImage
kraze
Former staff
Former staff

Post by kraze »

It is very possible another player is following him around and crashing servers that he joins, yes. Having John check the logs isn't likely to do much but for some it's a good reassurance that the server did disconnect from Blaze.

We are aware of an exploit and have communicated our findings to EA/Dice.
@Juski> Doesn't matter!
@Juski> You said I had a valid point! You can't take it back now! It's out there!
TimSad
This is my homepage
This is my homepage

Post by TimSad »

Awesome! John got back to me and confirmed that it was indeed this exploit you mentioned. Thanks, guys!
ImageImage
jaythegreat1
This is my homepage
This is my homepage

Post by jaythegreat1 »

Yeah, ours seem to be getting hit the past few days as well.
Chill n Kill Gaming - http://www.cnkgaming.com
kraze
Former staff
Former staff

Post by kraze »

We've rolled R39 to our base folders now and it will be applied as servers empty out, if you have a BF3 server on a managed machine or VDS please run a server repair which will apply it immediately.
@Juski> Doesn't matter!
TimSad
This is my homepage
This is my homepage

Post by TimSad »

Haha! This update is available now that my servers all constantly stay full. So, none of them have had a chance to apply it since it has been ready.
ImageImage