Obliteration & Rush Bugs - Time Limits & More

TimSad
This is my homepage
This is my homepage
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UC40BgXanDqOYoVCYFDSTfHA

Obliteration & Rush Bugs - Time Limits & More

Post by TimSad »

Okay, I have a 48 player Obliteration & Rush server set up with this rotation...

Click for large image!

Here are the bugs and time limit issues that have been going on:

So, vars.roundTimeLimit apparently defaults as 0 which means no time limit is imposed. I had this server set to that at first and sometimes the Obliteration maps would not end even when one of the teams would destroy all three objectives. It's still unclear if that bug only occurs with vars.roundTimeLimit set to 0 or not but it's looking like that is the case thus far.

Afterward, I had set vars.roundTimeLimit to 30 via the console thinking that I was going to set a 30 minute time limit on Obliteration. First thing I found out was that setting that value to 30 ended up putting about a 2 minute timer on the Rush game mode. Either they intentionally introduced a timer into the Rush game mode or it was some sort of oversight on their part when setting vars.roundTimeLimit.

For Obliteration, with vars.roundTimeLimit set to 30, the round started at a time limit of 9 minutes instead of 30 like I had expected. To raise the time limits, I then set the value from 30 to 90 which ended up making Obliteration start at 27 minutes and Rush at 7 minutes.

Is anybody else seeing these same effects on their servers?

EDIT: I just played a round of Obliteration and even when vars.roundTimeLimit is set to a value other than 0 it still bugs out and doesn't end the round once one of the teams gets all three of their objectives.
                                                Our NFO Battlefield Servers!
ImageImage
TimSad
This is my homepage
This is my homepage

Re: Obliteration & Rush Bugs - Time Limits & More

Post by TimSad »

I just got to thinking! I've got vars.gameModeCounter set to 150 to up the Attackers' tickets for the Rush maps. Maybe that screws with Obliteration because when the Obliteration rounds end rather than showing 3/3 objectives taken, it shows 3/4 taken. Hmmmm...
ImageImage
Wraygun
New to forums
New to forums

Post by Wraygun »

It should be set as a percentage of time, not minutes.

Default time for Obliteration is 30 mins so setting vars.roundTimeLimit to 30 would be 9 minutes.
TimSad
This is my homepage
This is my homepage

Post by TimSad »

Wraygun wrote:It should be set as a percentage of time, not minutes.

Default time for Obliteration is 30 mins so setting vars.roundTimeLimit to 30 would be 9 minutes.
Yeah, I had finally figured that it was supposed to be as a percentage so I set it to 100. It's just weird how it defaults to 0 when you don't set it yourself. There is still the issue of Rush having a time limit (not sure if an intentional new design decision) and Obliteration not ending after all objectives destroyed (which I'm guessing is due to vars.gameModeCounter set to 150).

I already see me having to write a plugin to get around these issues.
ImageImage