Server Crash

TimSad
This is my homepage
This is my homepage
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UC40BgXanDqOYoVCYFDSTfHA

Re: Server Crash

Post by TimSad »

markym wrote:I'm actually going to pull Siege out of the rotation until this is fixed.
Funny thing on my end is that I never even included this map in the rotation for any of my servers. I figured I'd give it a week or two rest since people played it non-stop in the beta. Most players are probably tired of it for now.
                                                Our NFO Battlefield Servers!
ImageImage
soja
This is my homepage
This is my homepage

Post by soja »

Just noticing all of my servers have PB ON now, is this new or not? This is my first time really looking at it since yesterday.
Not a NFO employee
Edge100x
Founder
Founder

Post by Edge100x »

Yes, they seem to have fixed PB.
Ruger
A regular
A regular

Post by Ruger »

Our 64 was full all afternoon and eve and just crashed 10 min ago. Some were complaining of lag and ingame sound.
slyy
New to forums
New to forums

Post by slyy »

Crashing about every 2 maps. Good start for the BF4 release.
Kaaz
A semi-regular
A semi-regular

Post by Kaaz »

After our server crashes and reboots, it seems a crazy Startup.txt is created forcing our server to go "custom".

If we wipe the startup clean and then save it, then reboot the server, it goes back to normal mode until next crash then it's wash and repeat.

Anybody else experiencing this or is there a fix??
Edge100x
Founder
Founder

Post by Edge100x »

Kaaz, we save the Startup.txt when the "Easy setup" page is submitted -- the saved version just has the settings that are chosen on the page. Is anyone changing things through that page?

If the game worked right, setting variables that are allowed without losing "Normal" would work. As it is, setting (not even changing, but setting) just about anything makes the server show as "Custom".
Kaaz
A semi-regular
A semi-regular

Post by Kaaz »

Edge100x wrote:Kaaz, we save the Startup.txt when the "Easy setup" page is submitted -- the saved version just has the settings that are chosen on the page. Is anyone changing things through that page?
First, thanks for the quick reply! :)

Second, not 100% sure if anything was initially changed but it is a possibilty on our initial configuration and not known something was changed. Here's what I just did....

I selected the "set normal" button then committed changes on the easy setup page. So this should be the Startup.txt that is saved and reverted to after a crash, correct?
Edge100x
Founder
Founder

Post by Edge100x »

If you haven't deleted/changed that Startup.txt since submitting the Easy setup page, then it should be used by the server when it is started. But, if you do delete/change the Startup.txt file, it won't be re-written by our system until you resubmit that page again.
Kaaz
A semi-regular
A semi-regular

Post by Kaaz »

Edge100x wrote:If you haven't deleted/changed that Startup.txt since submitting the Easy setup page, then it should be used by the server when it is started. But, if you do delete/change the Startup.txt file, it won't be re-written by our system until you resubmit that page again.
Right.

After selecting "set normal" and committing changes here is what was written to the Startup.txt:
vars.maxSpectators 4
reservedSlotsList.aggressiveJoin false

After restarting the server it went from normal to "custom". I dunno... i'm lost.
TimSad
This is my homepage
This is my homepage

Post by TimSad »

Make sure that reservedSlotsList.aggressiveJoin false is not in the Startup.txt if you want to be under Normal preset because that is one of the many variables that sends you into Custom preset when just being defined in the Startup.
                                                Our NFO Battlefield Servers!
ImageImage
Kaaz
A semi-regular
A semi-regular

Post by Kaaz »

TimSad wrote:Make sure that reservedSlotsList.aggressiveJoin false is not in the Startup.txt if you want to be under Normal preset because that is one of the many variables that sends you into Custom preset when just being defined in the Startup.
Right, I understand this, but how do I make it so it's not in the Startup.txt when the startup.txt is automatically written and saved via the Easy Setup page in the control panel?
woowoo
This is my homepage
This is my homepage

Post by woowoo »

It seems the TDM servers crash less than the others. Not sure why.
wihgaming
This is my homepage
This is my homepage

Post by wihgaming »

Kaaz wrote:After our server crashes and reboots, it seems a crazy Startup.txt is created forcing our server to go "custom".

If we wipe the startup clean and then save it, then reboot the server, it goes back to normal mode until next crash then it's wash and repeat.

Anybody else experiencing this or is there a fix??
I can also attest to this problem. Last nite, my server crashed and when it came back it started the match with 2 players (where we set it for 4). It was also marked in BattleLog as Custom. I know for a fact that nothing changed bc I was playing and no one else edited the settings.

I had to wipe my startup.txt file and put the set of settings by Tim (thanks Tim!) to get the server back to Normal preset.
Spyderspartan
A regular
A regular

Post by Spyderspartan »

How can EA call this a finished product? Has a single person had conquest server last longer than 24 hours without crashing?

Also to add onto what Kaaz was saying, we have all the settings in the startup file set to normal default. So there wasn't any changes. The only thing that is changed is the maplist. It's set to conquest large on all the maps that support it. If we try to start the server with that maplist then it gets set to custom. If we start the server without anything in the maplist it starts as normal, then we have to go back in and set it to the conquest maplist then change the map. It stays normal after that until it crashes.

The problem we face then is we have a normal server to start out with and get quickmatch traffic, but then after it crashes it becomes custom and don't see anywhere near the same amount of traffic. Very frustrating to say the least.