Obliteration Time Limit

mkeller25
A semi-regular
A semi-regular
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UC40BgXanDqOYoVCYFDSTfHA

Obliteration Time Limit

Post by mkeller25 »

So.... here reads the blurb by Round Time Limit.

"If you specify a percentage here, it will adjust the length of the round. For instance, if you set it to 50, the round will last half as long. If it is set to 0 (the default) there will be no time limit.

Can someone explain how this works? 50% of 0 is still zero. Is this blurb just incorrect? Is it in minutes?

Thanks!
kraze
Former staff
Former staff

Re: Obliteration Time Limit

Post by kraze »

The blurb would indicate that it's a percentage of the default time. So 50% would be half as long and 200% would be twice as long.

I believe it is actually done in percentage, though, I'm not sure why.
@Kraze^NFo> Juski has a very valid point
@Juski> Got my new signature, thanks!
@Kraze^NFo> Out of context!
@Juski> Doesn't matter!
@Juski> You said I had a valid point! You can't take it back now! It's out there!
mkeller25
A semi-regular
A semi-regular

Post by mkeller25 »

Yeah but you see how that is impossible to discern right? If the default is 0 (or no time limit), how can this number be a percentage?

50% of 0 is 0. 50% of infinity is still infinity, lol.

Sooooo anyone got an idea? lol
kraze
Former staff
Former staff

Post by kraze »

Where are you getting 0, though? The time limit should never be zero. I'd have to dig deeper but zero may actually be infinite.
@Juski> Doesn't matter!
@Juski> You said I had a valid point! You can't take it back now! It's out there!
[LoD]xCael
New to forums
New to forums

Post by [LoD]xCael »

mkeller25 wrote:So.... here reads the blurb by Round Time Limit.

"If you specify a percentage here, it will adjust the length of the round. For instance, if you set it to 50, the round will last half as long. If it is set to 0 (the default) there will be no time limit.

Can someone explain how this works? 50% of 0 is still zero. Is this blurb just incorrect? Is it in minutes?

Thanks!
You need to specify a percentage, not take a percentage of the value.

I believe the time limit in Obliteration is 30 min at 100%. Specifying 100% will give you the 30 min time limit, 50% will give you 15 min, 200% will give you 60 min, etc. A value of 0 will remove the time limit and give the round unlimited time.
mkeller25
A semi-regular
A semi-regular

Post by mkeller25 »

Thanks!
I appreciate your guys help but if you read the blurb again you'll see what I mean. 0 is the default.

I know 30 minutes isn't the default because I played in a game that lasted something like 44 minutes before one team finally won. People were complaining in my server which is why I've come here to try and list the help of you fine gentlemen :)
kraze
Former staff
Former staff

Post by kraze »

Yes, zero is default and that means no time limit, meaning the game ends when the rounds are over. Doing it in percentages is silly IMO but it's the way it's done. You'll just need to play around with a few different ones and see which suite you.
@Juski> Doesn't matter!
mkeller25
A semi-regular
A semi-regular

Post by mkeller25 »

[LoD]xCael wrote:

Thanks!
You need to specify a percentage, not take a percentage of the value.

I believe the time limit in Obliteration is 30 min at 100%. Specifying 100% will give you the 30 min time limit, 50% will give you 15 min, 200% will give you 60 min, etc. A value of 0 will remove the time limit and give the round unlimited time.
So you're saying I should just set it to 100 (or 100%) and see what time that yields?
TimSad
This is my homepage
This is my homepage

Post by TimSad »

It's all probably calculated around 100% and that translating to 30 minutes. If you set it to 0 that mean no time limit! If you want 45 minutes you would do (45 / 30) * 100 = vars.roundTimeLimit 150. If you want less like 20 minutes you'd do (15 / 30) * 100 = vars.roundTimeLimit 50. But setting vars.roundTimeLimit to 0 is NOT going to make the round last 0 minutes or instantaneous. They have that mean unlimited time.
                                                Our NFO Battlefield Servers!
ImageImage