R7 Patch Discussion

kybosh
New to forums
New to forums
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UC40BgXanDqOYoVCYFDSTfHA

Re: R7 Patch Discussion

Post by kybosh »

When the R7 update was implemented it kicked out maps loaded in our rcon (rconnect.de). We had 3 out of 18 64 slot servers crash last night at least once. :roll:

NEXT!
Cyberbang3r
This is my homepage
This is my homepage

Post by Cyberbang3r »

Crash Crash and more CRASH!!!! Come'on R8 mamma needs a new pair of SHOES! :roll:
Draeger
New to forums
New to forums

Post by Draeger »

Don't crash really at all anymore. But rubber-banding has now become a more prominent issue however. Around 4-6 hours into an uptime the server will begin to experience random rubber-banding on multiple maps. Restarting fixes it. But that's not optimal obviously. Other than that, the server will continue to run strong for 10+ hours if left as is.
markym
This is my homepage
This is my homepage

Post by markym »

Draeger wrote:Don't crash really at all anymore. But rubber-banding has now become a more prominent issue however. Around 4-6 hours into an uptime the server will begin to experience random rubber-banding on multiple maps. Restarting fixes it. But that's not optimal obviously. Other than that, the server will continue to run strong for 10+ hours if left as is.
I'm agreeing here with your post. However we have now crashed at 6am and noon today 11/7 on maps that we never really crash on at all. I still have four maps out of the rotation, those like Siege, Dam, Journey and Resort that have been causing issues. We ran stable most all day yesterday. I had to take the server down twice for a restart to clear lag and banding issues. But now today we are crashing more than yesterday and I haven't changed any settings. These have got to be EA backend Blaze problems now since yesterday the server was fine after R7.
Draeger
New to forums
New to forums

Post by Draeger »

markym wrote:
Draeger wrote:Don't crash really at all anymore. But rubber-banding has now become a more prominent issue however. Around 4-6 hours into an uptime the server will begin to experience random rubber-banding on multiple maps. Restarting fixes it. But that's not optimal obviously. Other than that, the server will continue to run strong for 10+ hours if left as is.
I'm agreeing here with your post. However we have now crashed at 6am and noon today 11/7 on maps that we never really crash on at all. I still have four maps out of the rotation, those like Siege, Dam, Journey and Resort that have been causing issues. We ran stable most all day yesterday. I had to take the server down twice for a restart to clear lag and banding issues. But now today we are crashing more than yesterday and I haven't changed any settings. These have got to be EA backend Blaze problems now since yesterday the server was fine after R7.
I have found that removing Siege, Locker, Dam, and Paracel works best. The lag/banding is still kinda random... but it usually happens on either Rogue Transmission or Hainan Resort.
Dudenell
A semi-regular
A semi-regular

Post by Dudenell »

We're also crashing, but not nearly as frequent. I think maybe once or twice within the last 24 hours.
markym
This is my homepage
This is my homepage

Post by markym »

I'm still crashing early AM hours and I'm pretty sure it's MP_Naval. I have four other maps already removed from the rotation due to issues they cause -- out of rotation is Siege, Damage, Journey and Resort. Naval is really popular so I hate to pull it but I may take it out of rotation tonight to see if the server stays up longer early AM hours. Really sad that half the maps have to be pulled out because they cause issues like lagging and banding. I hope they can fix those maps soon before they release China Rising in a few weeks.

Meantime the server restarts that throw us back on ConquestSmall maps when I'm running a ConquestLarge server is really annoying -- it takes at least two rotations to get the server back into ConquestLarge mode/maps.

Is EA aware they gave us no Preset for ConquestLarge maps/servers and that running their Conquest Classic preset if forcing our servers to start on ConquestSmall maps? That's just totally stupid for a 64 slot server.
Edge100x
Founder
Founder

Post by Edge100x »

EA/DICE knows about the CQCLASSIC problem. I do not know if they plan to adjust this.
Sorry
This is my homepage
This is my homepage

Post by Sorry »

We were getting rubberbanding on Hainan resort every 1-2 seconds. I just ended the map and took it out of the rotation.