Blurry Screens

willisrocks
New to forums
New to forums
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UC40BgXanDqOYoVCYFDSTfHA

Blurry Screens

Post by willisrocks »

After the patches today, players on our server started getting random blurry screens. The blur effect seems very similar to the end of round blur effect. I wasn't seeing this on other servers earlier in the day, but after we left our server, it started cropping up on other servers as well. Is anyone else getting this? Maybe we can compare notes? It seems like it might be tied to suppression.
wihgaming
This is my homepage
This is my homepage

Re: Blurry Screens

Post by wihgaming »

I'm getting this as well. I don't think it's suppression since I could be standing at home base with no one shooting at me, and I get the blurry effects.
willisrocks
New to forums
New to forums

Post by willisrocks »

wihgaming wrote:I'm getting this as well. I don't think it's suppression since I could be standing at home base with no one shooting at me, and I get the blurry effects.
Well, I guess that takes suppression out of the equation then.
Corruptor-CDN
New to forums
New to forums

Post by Corruptor-CDN »

Everyone seems to see it. I hope it's not an addition to the game...
Edge100x
Founder
Founder

Post by Edge100x »

This is a known bug =\. They should fix it in a later patch.
SoCalMX70
New to forums
New to forums

Post by SoCalMX70 »

Definitely a bug. Was getting it while in a chopper nowhere near heavy fire. It kept doing it intermittently throughout the match regardless of what situation I was in.
FourTwoFour
This is my homepage
This is my homepage

Post by FourTwoFour »

It's the EMP from the commander doing it. Now how EMP interferes with the human body is something I will never understand. DICE's logic as always. They may say it's a bug, but I bet it's one of their stupid "suppression-blury" bullshit features that obviously nobody liked so they called it a bug.

Put this in a user.cfg file in your BF4 folder to get rid of it for now until they fix it.

WorldRender.MotionBlurEnable 0
WorldRender.MotionBlurFixedShutterTime 0
WorldRender.MotionBlurForceOn 0
WorldRender.MotionBlurMax 0
WorldRender.MotionBlurMaxSampleCount 0
WorldRender.MotionBlurQuality 0
willisrocks
New to forums
New to forums

Post by willisrocks »

FourTwoFour wrote:It's the EMP from the commander doing it. Now how EMP interferes with the human body is something I will never understand. DICE's logic as always. They may say it's a bug, but I bet it's one of their stupid "suppression-blury" bullshit features that obviously nobody liked so they called it a bug.

Put this in a user.cfg file in your BF4 folder to get rid of it for now until they fix it.

WorldRender.MotionBlurEnable 0
WorldRender.MotionBlurFixedShutterTime 0
WorldRender.MotionBlurForceOn 0
WorldRender.MotionBlurMax 0
WorldRender.MotionBlurMaxSampleCount 0
WorldRender.MotionBlurQuality 0
Thanks! I'll try this out.
Corruptor-CDN
New to forums
New to forums

Post by Corruptor-CDN »

I did this and I thought it worked...but later the blur returned
willisrocks
New to forums
New to forums

Post by willisrocks »

Corruptor-CDN wrote:I did this and I thought it worked...but later the blur returned
Oh no! I was so excited about this workaround. I'll still give it a shot tonight and report back.
markym
This is my homepage
This is my homepage

Post by markym »

yea ...a lot of players are complaining about this. I don't mind the blur I get as Commander for 14 secs when the enemy Commander attacks my network but it should not affect players on the ground. It's really annoying to have this blur hit us a lot .....and as well sound issues that still haven't been fixed on many of the ConquestLarge maps, mostly on Journey, Damage and Storm ..sometimes I can play the maps with no sound issues at all and other times the sound is cutting in and out or goes completely silent and I can't figure out why it's so dam random.