Just Blaze?

stryfe
This is my homepage
This is my homepage
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UC40BgXanDqOYoVCYFDSTfHA

Just Blaze?

Post by stryfe »

So apparently we got blazed again tonight and no we did not enjoy it. Have you guys heard anything yet in regards to when they are going to have it fixed? It seems to mostly affect Chicago servers.
TimSad
This is my homepage
This is my homepage

Re: Just Blaze?

Post by TimSad »

Ohhh, Blaze will NEVER be fixed in this regard. Your BF4 servers will likely continuously be Blazed™ throughout the span of the game's life. It's just that some months are better or worse than others. But yes, it definitely tends to be worse for servers in the Chicago area for reason that I'm not too sure of but I think John would have a better idea of why than I do.

Anyway, yeah... My only Chicago server (the 24/7 Operation Locker server) just Blazed right along with yours. It's already been too frequent of an occurrence for my liking.
                                                Our NFO Battlefield Servers!
ImageImage
TimSad
This is my homepage
This is my homepage

Post by TimSad »

Looks like it just happened to one of my LA servers now. It was the TDM and it didn't just Blaze once. It Blazed, dumped all the players out, up to 12 returned, then it Blaze 3 minutes later again dumping those 12 players. I think that most every time this is happening now, everybody has no rank or unlocks when they rejoin. The only way to resolve it is with a server restart.
ImageImage
jaythegreat1
This is my homepage
This is my homepage

Post by jaythegreat1 »

Number 1.... blazed.
Chill n Kill Gaming - http://www.cnkgaming.com
Dixa
New to forums
New to forums

Post by Dixa »

Finally got my server 24th ranked and now this blaze BS is preventing anyone from finding it on battlelog for almost 20 hours now.
Edge100x
Founder
Founder

Post by Edge100x »

I wouldn't say that Chicago has more Blaze problems than other locations. We haven't seen overall Blaze issues in Chicago tonight.

Blaze has its good days and its bad days. The game's tight dependency on a perfect connection to the Blaze servers means that light packet loss, or a brief DDoS, or issues within the Blaze cluster, cause BF4 servers to drop all their players.

We were hoping for improvements between BF3 and BF4 -- such as the game retrying its Blaze connection for at least a few minutes while clients stay connected -- but didn't see any.
TimSad
This is my homepage
This is my homepage

Post by TimSad »

Edge100x wrote:I wouldn't say that Chicago has more Blaze problems than other locations. We haven't seen overall Blaze issues in Chicago tonight.
Hmmm, I coulda swore I read a post from you somewhere abouts here saying that Chicago tends to have more issues with Blaze. Not sure what I read or by whom now.

EDIT: Just thought about it and I think the topic was about DDoSes rather than Blaze. Ooopps!
ImageImage
bootlegger
New to forums
New to forums

Post by bootlegger »

Blaze issues is going to kill alot of servers. doing a dam good job of killin ours. i really dont remember BF3 having this much trouble with blaze. im spending most of my time seeding a dam server i just got going hour ago
[WDT]TardFarmer
This is my homepage
This is my homepage

Post by [WDT]TardFarmer »

blazed about 2 hours ago or so
Edge100x
Founder
Founder

Post by Edge100x »

bootlegger, BF3 had a lot more problems with Blaze, actually -- it's come a long way.
TimSad
This is my homepage
This is my homepage

Post by TimSad »

Edge100x wrote:bootlegger, BF3 had a lot more problems with Blaze, actually -- it's come a long way.
Yep! You would definitely have to have been there running servers during its first half to know how awful it was!
ImageImage
bootlegger
New to forums
New to forums

Post by bootlegger »

guess im getting old, i really don't remember our server dropping players this bad. i do remember the blaze drops but not as bad.
jaythegreat1
This is my homepage
This is my homepage

Post by jaythegreat1 »

Edge100x wrote:bootlegger, BF3 had a lot more problems with Blaze, actually -- it's come a long way.
Only because the servers crash before it has a chance to blaze :)
Chill n Kill Gaming - http://www.cnkgaming.com
TimSad
This is my homepage
This is my homepage

Post by TimSad »

My Locker server just Blazed! :(
ImageImage
stryfe
This is my homepage
This is my homepage