TTT gamemode issue.

mattsayshi
New to forums
New to forums
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UC40BgXanDqOYoVCYFDSTfHA

TTT gamemode issue.

Post by mattsayshi »

I had a big issue and the support couldn't help with the issue I was having and they directed me to post it here. So here is the full log of everything I went through. Hopefully you guys have some ideas I can try out. By the way the only reason I need to delete or remove the hook is so that player models bought from the pointshop don't get reset during the beginning of the round.

I want to edit my TTT gamemode settings but every time I try and edit Player_ext.lua it has this error:

Response: 550 Error storing file: Access is denied
Fri, Dec 6 2013 12:02pm - answered by Jordan
Make sure the server is off before trying to edit any files. If it is off and it still isn't allowing you to download/upload it move the file to a different directory, download it and then upload your edited copy to the original place.
Fri, Dec 6 2013 12:03pm
Well then that explains a ton. I'll try it out.
Fri, Dec 6 2013 12:11pm - answered by Jordan
Please let us know if you have any other questions.
Fri, Dec 6 2013 1:50pm
Yep doesn't work at all.
Fri, Dec 6 2013 1:52pm - answered by Andrew
You could also try renaming the previous version or moving it to another directory. Source is very picky about file permissions.
Fri, Dec 6 2013 1:55pm
I literally deleted the file (it let me do that) and then I replaced it with the edited file. NOTHING has worked and the gamemode reverts it back to the original text out of thin air.
Fri, Dec 6 2013 1:58pm - answered by Andrew
So it lets you move over the new version? It reverts the specific file you change to stock?

You could try making a copy of the TTT gamemode and have it in a directory such as terrortown2. It may be less prone to overwrites.
Fri, Dec 6 2013 2:02pm
Yes it allows me to move over the newer version that I changed. It bothers me that I have to use terrortown2 though. Do you think I will get errors if I use a gamemode in another folder (if the code refers to something in terrortown)?
Fri, Dec 6 2013 2:05pm - answered by Jordan
I wouldn't expect you'd see errors but if something is specifically linking to gamemodes/terrortown it would need to be changed to the new folder.
Fri, Dec 6 2013 2:12pm
Great time for a lot of work ... a lot.
Fri, Dec 6 2013 2:15pm - answered by Jordan
Please let us know if you have any other questions.
Fri, Dec 6 2013 2:19pm
Are you sure there is not other way I could bypass it? Because I really do have a lot of stuff put into it.
Fri, Dec 6 2013 2:23pm - answered by Andrew
I really can't think of another way if it insists on overwriting the default gamemode.
Fri, Dec 6 2013 2:28pm
Does anyone know why this keeps happening???
Fri, Dec 6 2013 2:31pm - answered by Jordan
The stock gamemode shouldn't be getting overwritten like that. Assuming the server is off and you moved the old TTT gamemode into another folder and uploaded your copy to take its place it should work fine.

However, creating a secondary gamemode is better as a game update will overwrite the stock files, along with a server repair..etc.
Fri, Dec 6 2013 2:33pm
I will try the secondary gamemode. If it does not work then I think that the TTT version supplied is "broken".
Fri, Dec 6 2013 2:35pm - answered by Vanderburg
Not a problem, let us know how it goes.
Fri, Dec 6 2013 2:39pm
Yeah I even changed the folder itself. It keep reverting ALL the changes I do to player_ext.lua
Fri, Dec 6 2013 2:41pm - answered by Andrew
And you are editing this file while the server is off?
Fri, Dec 6 2013 2:43pm
Yes shut off. (It is up right now though)
Fri, Dec 6 2013 2:45pm - answered by Andrew
Hmm I am a bit unsure what the issue may be. What do you need to edit the player_ext file for exactly?
Fri, Dec 6 2013 2:45pm
I don't even edit the files I delete the original and replace it with the same file just with the

hook.Call("PlayerSetModel", GAMEMODE, self)

removed

(I have also tried making it useless by adding // in the beginning of it) It always just keeps getting reverted back.
Fri, Dec 6 2013 2:47pm
Oh and me making a new gamemode folder just made the situation worse. I think I will just go back to using the terrortown.
Fri, Dec 6 2013 2:50pm - answered by Vanderburg
This is a very odd issue, since nothing SHOULD be overwriting your gamemode, especially after moving it to a new folder. I would strongly suggest posting on our forums at http://www.nfoservers.com/forums and a community member, off duty support tech or even John, our CEO, would be able to reply with some advice.
Fri, Dec 6 2013 2:51pm
Alright then thanks for the help you guys have tried to give me.
Fri, Dec 6 2013 2:53pm - answered by Vanderburg
Not a problem.
Aeternal
Compulsive poster
Compulsive poster

Re: TTT gamemode issue.

Post by Aeternal »

I've had this problem before. Some files are hard linked to the servers and can't be replaced. Simply open the file, copy its contents to another lua file with the exact same name,put it on the desktop (or wherever doesn't really matter), delete the file on your server and copy the one from your desktop to the server. As for the player models being reset. It is line 271 in the player.ext file. Delete this line and only this line. Hope this helped