Server lag with specific maps?

K0NFUSION
New to forums
New to forums
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UC40BgXanDqOYoVCYFDSTfHA

Server lag with specific maps?

Post by K0NFUSION »

Curious if any other admins here have experienced server lag on certain maps? Seems to happen around levelution events. It isn't client side, since everyone experiences it. Dam was removed entirely since it was unbearable, but it still occurs on other maps to some degree.

plasma
This is my homepage
This is my homepage

Re: Server lag with specific maps?

Post by plasma »

I have removed Dam, Resort and Railroad. Storm sometimes lags but everyone seems to like that map so I leave it in the rotation. Since R12 patch I have not tested if anything has changed
wihgaming
This is my homepage
This is my homepage

Post by wihgaming »

plasma wrote:I have removed Dam, Resort and Railroad. Storm sometimes lags but everyone seems to like that map so I leave it in the rotation. Since R12 patch I have not tested if anything has changed
+1 here too. Storm lags but peeps like it. The sad thing is most players don't know that the lag is from the map. They blame the server. I've seen my fair share of players saying "this server sucks"...
TimSad
This is my homepage
This is my homepage

Post by TimSad »

Every server is having this issue with these problem maps. Like you, all the players on my server love to blame the server itself rather than the actual BF4 game server.
                                                Our NFO Battlefield Servers!
ImageImage
K0NFUSION
New to forums
New to forums

Post by K0NFUSION »

Thanks guys. It's reassuring to hear that it's a widespread problem, as selfish as that sounds. :) Fingers crossed the next update addresses these issues.

plasma
This is my homepage
This is my homepage

Post by plasma »

wihgaming wrote: The sad thing is most players don't know that the lag is from the map. They blame the server. I've seen my fair share of players saying "this server sucks"...
I got tired of trying to defend the server, lol. No one seems to realize that these issues are game related and not server.
_Main
A regular
A regular

Post by _Main »

Only map my Players is reporting as laggy and what not is Seige of Shanghai :P so removed that one, other than this it all seems fine- to me atleast :P
Spyderspartan
A regular
A regular

Post by Spyderspartan »

We're getting rubberbanding on all the maps now. This is the worst I've seen it.
Edge100x
Founder
Founder

Post by Edge100x »

Spyderspartan, that could be due to the R13 issue that I posted about. Does it go away after a server restart -- at least temporarily?
Spyderspartan
A regular
A regular

Post by Spyderspartan »

Edge100x wrote:Spyderspartan, that could be due to the R13 issue that I posted about. Does it go away after a server restart -- at least temporarily?
Trying it right now.
Spyderspartan
A regular
A regular

Post by Spyderspartan »

It did go away temporarily after restarting.
stryfe
This is my homepage
This is my homepage

Post by stryfe »

It happens to all of us, you can get through 1 round of the rotation then it starts after that. I've had to remove every map out of the rotation almost to have an enjoyable experience.
markym
This is my homepage
This is my homepage

Post by markym »

At 64 slots our server has issues with MP_Naval (Paracel Storm) most of the time -- rubberbanding and hitching, it's awful. MP_Damage (Lancang Dam) is another problem map that will rubberband at high player slots and as well the same goes for MP_Resort (Hainan Resort). I've been running our server on all maps at 48-50 slots and then we don't seem to have any issues with those maps. It seems to me these problem maps have not been fully optimized for 64 player slots on CQ Large maps. I plan to reduce my slotting on next renewal as I'm paying for slots we can't really run unless I want to pull maps out that players like. Just another lovely broken issue that I haven't seen addressed in any of the 15 server updates or 3 client patches. In fact we had the same problem at 64 slots on the China Rising maps too ....rubberbanding and hitching on all players.
[WDT]TardFarmer
This is my homepage
This is my homepage

Post by [WDT]TardFarmer »

Any update on this since R15? I would like to be able to add back dam, storm, and resort. Currently at 64 players the maps are unplayable and the players say that the server sucks when it is in reality the crappy coding by EA/DICE
Edge100x
Founder
Founder

Post by Edge100x »

[WDT]TardFarmer, DICE did not post anything in the changelog about server-side performance increases. They mentioned a client-side adjustment, so if the problem might be on the client end, it would be worth testing again.