Adjust slots function

laserr
New to forums
New to forums
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UC40BgXanDqOYoVCYFDSTfHA

Adjust slots function

Post by laserr »

Does anyone else have a problem with the adjust slots function that once the server reaches cap at 12 or 14 players it doesn't go up or do anything else till next round? Sometimes it goes all the way to the set player count in one round and sometimes it locks and a que builds. It just started doing this yesterday/today, it's been running smooth for the most part. I used to be able to actually adjust vars.maxplayers during the round but now it seems to lock till the end of the round.

Server is running mixed maps and modes, but typically start the server with Siege/Locker on Conquest Small or Domination.
markym
This is my homepage
This is my homepage

Re: Adjust slots function

Post by markym »

I've actually tested the Adjust slots function and it's been working fine. Hopefully you are not still having this problem.
Edge100x
Founder
Founder

Post by Edge100x »

Our slots adjuster should work for Conquest game modes. It works by raising the player counts quickly as people join (in units of 4 slots, I believe) -- it checks the number after every joining player -- and bumping the server up to its full number of slots right before map changes, based on a low remaining ticket count (because not doing this can lead to players being unable to join the server, with a black loading screen). The slot count is lowered less often than it is raised, because going down has also been implicated in black loading screen problems.
laserr
New to forums
New to forums

Post by laserr »

Yeah it seems to be working now, when I was having the problem though the que would build up to 10 people with only 14 or so in the server and I would have to force next round for it to kick in. It's been awesome 90% of the time, maybe it was on my end because of the game modes or something.
[WDT]TardFarmer
This is my homepage
This is my homepage

Post by [WDT]TardFarmer »

I have the same problem, thus I had to take our server out of the automatic reboot as we would have a large conquest map with the default tickets running for a long long time as those many tickets take a while to get eaten up when you have so few players.

We will get up to 14 or so players and then there will be 15 in the queue. Once I run next round all the players in the queue load in and then the server adjusts as it should.

Just one of the many bugs! :)
plasma
This is my homepage
This is my homepage

Post by plasma »

So those of you who have mostly populated servers, do you use these feature to get the players on?
Cyrcle
A semi-regular
A semi-regular

Post by Cyrcle »

plasma wrote:So those of you who have mostly populated servers, do you use these feature to get the players on?
Currently we are using it with an Official server. It fills up relatively quickly. However, after the holidays we will be switching to ranked so we have the ability to actually admin the server. After the switch, it will be pretty pointless to have the feature on, in my opinion.
wihgaming
This is my homepage
This is my homepage

Post by wihgaming »

No, I don't use this on mine. I was running it as Official for a month, and then switched to Ranked. When the server is dead, I jump on to seed and in about 30-45 minutes, there's enough of a player base to get the server going.
plasma
This is my homepage
This is my homepage

Post by plasma »

wihgaming wrote:No, I don't use this on mine. I was running it as Official for a month, and then switched to Ranked. When the server is dead, I jump on to seed and in about 30-45 minutes, there's enough of a player base to get the server going.

can't seem to do this on my server at all. I have 3 seeding but it never seems to get going anymore, plus when it does, it seems to Blaze out shortly after.

This probably will be the last month for my server.