DayZ SA

This is used for general discussion that is not necessarily server-related.
mdswish
New to forums
New to forums
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UC40BgXanDqOYoVCYFDSTfHA

DayZ SA

Post by mdswish »

Have you guys been approached about running servers for DayZ SA? If not I'm sure you could probably contact Rocket or Hicks and get the ball rolling. It's not too late! :) Would sure like to set one up with you!
Overkill is underrated......
kraze
Former staff
Former staff

Re: DayZ SA

Post by kraze »

DayZ stand alone is not something we've looked into, yet. I wasn't aware they were doing any special program for them. If they will release public files for them it's likely we'll support them, but it's still early.
@Kraze^NFo> Juski has a very valid point
@Juski> Got my new signature, thanks!
@Kraze^NFo> Out of context!
@Juski> Doesn't matter!
@Juski> You said I had a valid point! You can't take it back now! It's out there!
Edge100x
Founder
Founder

Post by Edge100x »

I'd definitely be interested in talking to them about hosting those, including the basic requirements for shared hosting that would be involved (http://www.nfoservers.com/forums/viewto ... 114#p48114). Please have them shoot us an email!
mdswish
New to forums
New to forums

Post by mdswish »

Cool beans! I just sent a tweet to Rocket. Hopefully he will be in touch!
Overkill is underrated......
kraze
Former staff
Former staff

Post by kraze »

We were able to contact Rocket :D He should be sending us some information in the next day or two.
@Juski> Doesn't matter!
@Juski> You said I had a valid point! You can't take it back now! It's out there!
Abdul
A semi-regular
A semi-regular

Post by Abdul »

kraze wrote:We were able to contact Rocket :D He should be sending us some information in the next day or two.
Great, can't wait!
J-English
This is my homepage
This is my homepage

Post by J-English »

will this be for managed too?
Edge100x
Founder
Founder

Post by Edge100x »

The goal here is to explore it as a possible managed/standalone rental option, yes.
joshh20
This is my homepage
This is my homepage

Post by joshh20 »

Congratulations on your 10,000th forum post John! I am very grateful, and I am sure that many others are too, for the tens of thousands of hours of hard work and effort that you put into Nuclearfallout Enterprises. I had gone through at least 10 different server hosts before I had switched to NFO, and each of them had some pretty bad downfalls to them, even though some aspects of their servers were alright, the support staff and the server performance was subpar from each of the hosts. So, I kept searching and searching for a host that would really deliver in all areas. I finally discovered NFO after hearing about you from a YouTuber named AwesomeMattG. I first purchased a 6 slot Garry’s Mod server and was amazed by the performance of it. I then tried your Minecraft servers and was also amazed by the performance they had. Eventually, I purchased a managed VDS and have been very happy with it. Your dedication to constantly improving your company and its services, while keeping prices reasonable, is very admirable. If it was not for you and your staff, I know that my servers would not be half as successful as they are today. I am able to run my servers entirely off of donations because people come on, and they have such low pings and don’t lag, that they feel compelled to donate because they appreciate the quality of it. I know you aren’t too fond of GameTracker, but out of the ~3600 Garry’s Mod servers being tracked, mine is 13th and is also the #2 Trouble in Terrorist Town server in the world. I wish all of you at NFO the best and want to thank you for what you do for all of your customers.
.=QUACK=.Major.Pain
This is my homepage
This is my homepage

Post by .=QUACK=.Major.Pain »

Still in Alpha.
Gonna change it up and offer Alpha servers?
Visit gspreviews.com And Rate & Review Your Old & Current GSP's
Find Your GSP Coupons at gspreviews.com/coupons/
.=QUACK=.Major.Pain
This is my homepage
This is my homepage

Post by .=QUACK=.Major.Pain »

General stuff:
No private hives.
No admin tools. (No revives, no reverts, nothing)
No kicking.
No banning.
No passwording.
No whitelisting.
Only Windows Server.

Requirements for server hosting:
Huge game server providers only. To be eligible, need to provide 300x50-player public instances for 60 days out of own pocket.
One public instance per every three rented out.
Max of 7x50 player servers on a Xeon E3-1230 (3.2Ghz) Quadcore with 8GB RAM.

If you rent a server you can...
Change the server name
Have a Message of the Day.
Control the player limit (within min/max allowed)
Choose the region!
Start it.
Stop it.
Restart it!

Future stuff:
Reserved slots.
Kicking/banning.
Found this leaked quote given to another GSP. Looks like they are going the same path as EA, and only selecting large GSP's to host the servers. No public release of server files.
Visit gspreviews.com And Rate & Review Your Old & Current GSP's
Find Your GSP Coupons at gspreviews.com/coupons/
HowIChrgeLazer
A regular
A regular

Post by HowIChrgeLazer »

Keep us posted. The second you guys offer the servers for rent, I'm purchasing a couple. 8)

A few hosting companies seem to be offering them already, but I've enjoyed the support and performance you guys offer. So I'll wait for them to arrive on here.

I used your VDS plans to run our original servers way back when the mod first started (US 9 and US 10). Got loads of compliments on performance, I was able to maintain it well. Kudos goes to your hardware.
[RAGE CAGE] Gaming
Because video games FAIL at making you happy.
http://ragecagegaming.com/
kraze
Former staff
Former staff

Post by kraze »

We're still waiting on Rocket :/ With it being around the holidays I imagine he's very busy.
@Juski> Doesn't matter!
TacTicToe
This is my homepage
This is my homepage

Post by TacTicToe »

Wow, I'm sorry but these douche bags just think way too highly of themselves and their games. Who wants to run a server for an EA wannabe release? They are going to tell us how we can run our servers we pay for? Screw them. And you can quote me if you like to "Rocket".
ADKGamers
This is my homepage
This is my homepage

Post by ADKGamers »

.=QUACK=.Major.Pain wrote:
General stuff:
No private hives.
No admin tools. (No revives, no reverts, nothing)
No kicking.
No banning.
No passwording.
No whitelisting.
Only Windows Server.

Requirements for server hosting:
Huge game server providers only. To be eligible, need to provide 300x50-player public instances for 60 days out of own pocket.
One public instance per every three rented out.
Max of 7x50 player servers on a Xeon E3-1230 (3.2Ghz) Quadcore with 8GB RAM.

If you rent a server you can...
Change the server name
Have a Message of the Day.
Control the player limit (within min/max allowed)
Choose the region!
Start it.
Stop it.
Restart it!

Future stuff:
Reserved slots.
Kicking/banning.
Found this leaked quote given to another GSP. Looks like they are going the same path as EA, and only selecting large GSP's to host the servers. No public release of server files.

"Hey, let's have people pay for servers, so we don't have to spend money to host our own. And then we won't allow whoever is paying for them to do anything with them!"

Is this becoming the new thing for companies? And if so, we shouldn't allow it to happen.
http://www.ADKGamers.com - =ADK= Multi Gaming Community