Rust support?

This is used for general discussion that is not necessarily server-related.
dgall
New to forums
New to forums
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UC40BgXanDqOYoVCYFDSTfHA

Request to add RUST Servers

Post by dgall »

Hey NFO,

A recent alpha game has popped up that looks extremely interesting, RUST.

It's a new one developed by Garry Newman that's essentially a sweet survival game. The dedicated server files are currently exclusive, but hosting companies have been able to obtain them. Considering the extreme demand for these servers it would benefit both us and NFO for you guys to beg/borrow/steal to be able to support it, or at least offer the dedicated server software to your VPS customers. Currently all the providers are EU and are charging exorbitant prices for, quite frankly, really crappy hardware. There is a definite demand- regardless of their price there is a long wait to even be able to purchase a server from these inferior companies.

Steam app link : http://store.steampowered.com/app/252490/

Even as a VPS customer I'd be interested in purchasing, but even more interested in hosting it myself.

Thanks!

- DG
Phear Chyld
A semi-regular
A semi-regular

Rust support?

Post by Phear Chyld »

Will NFo be hosting Rust? I know it's in Alpha right now but it would be great if we could get a server hosted.

http://playrust.com/intro-video/
kraze
Former staff
Former staff

Re: Rust support?

Post by kraze »

If there is enough demand for this we can sure add it to out to-do list. With it being in alpha and being developed by Garry I think we should take this one slow..
@Kraze^NFo> Juski has a very valid point
@Juski> Got my new signature, thanks!
@Kraze^NFo> Out of context!
@Juski> Doesn't matter!
@Juski> You said I had a valid point! You can't take it back now! It's out there!
TacTicToe
This is my homepage
This is my homepage

Post by TacTicToe »

kraze wrote:With it being in alpha and being developed by Garry I think we should take this one slow..
QFT

All we need is to see the forums littered with post after post of problems with another server made by Garry. Half the posts here are either Garry mod issues or BF4 related issues. Garry is just not *that* reliable.
Edge100x
Founder
Founder

Post by Edge100x »

Worth looking into, but I am still not a fan of alpha releases and exclusive provider lists.
Phear Chyld
A semi-regular
A semi-regular

Post by Phear Chyld »

Understandable.
dgall
New to forums
New to forums

Post by dgall »

Edge100x wrote:Worth looking into, but I am still not a fan of alpha releases and exclusive provider lists.
Same here, but I'm willing to concede if NFO is one of the exclusive providers. I'm hoping you guys can get us access to the dedicated server files. It would seem reasonable to pose the question to Garry with some kind of plan... I (and probably others) would be interested in testing out the dedicated server and get you some general performance numbers if you could arrange to get us access.
SighFigh13
New to forums
New to forums

Rust Servers

Post by SighFigh13 »

I've been looking around for a good affordable server hoster for the alpha of the game Rust. I couldn't find one I enjoyed. I had great experiences with NFOservers in the past and I am wondering if Rust would be able to be added to the list.

Thanks.
Josh

A.K.A SighFigh13
aStonedPenguin
New to forums
New to forums

Post by aStonedPenguin »

I would love to be able to add a rust server to my VDS. I hope this gets added.
Mike Rowe
A regular
A regular

Post by Mike Rowe »

Would love to rent a Rust server from NFO. Sucks that Garry is only allowing certain hosts but I understand. With it being in Alpha you have enough bugs and balancing to work on but then you would have to worry about kids going through the server files to find more exploits.
Its a Dirty Job
President Evil
A semi-regular
A semi-regular

Post by President Evil »

My community has also been asking for a Rust server, please add if you can :)
kraze
Former staff
Former staff

Post by kraze »

I will spend some more time investigating this after the holidays. Currently there are a few games ahead in the queue.
@Kraze^NFo> Juski has a very valid point
@Juski> Got my new signature, thanks!
@Kraze^NFo> Out of context!
@Juski> Doesn't matter!
@Juski> You said I had a valid point! You can't take it back now! It's out there!
.=QUACK=.Major.Pain
This is my homepage
This is my homepage

Post by .=QUACK=.Major.Pain »

You have to contact the devs as a GSP and obtain a beta key to get access to download the server files. And even at that, on their forums, many GSP's have asked for info to get access to host the servers, and have been totally ignored. Seems they are rather ignorant and won't even reply to requests.
Visit gspreviews.com And Rate & Review Your Old & Current GSP's
Find Your GSP Coupons at gspreviews.com/coupons/
666jet
New to forums
New to forums

Post by 666jet »

Edge100x wrote:Worth looking into, but I am still not a fan of alpha releases and exclusive provider lists.
Cool can you let me or one of the other bad wolves know probably got enough power left on the VDS now I worked out how to get all cores working if it ends up you have to pay a small fee as long as it's aroun$40 or less it would be fine i did try contacting them myself but because we aren't a server hosting company so our words have no weight behind them but yours should would be epic if you could get us a server hosting beta key thanks jet
Edge100x
Founder
Founder

Post by Edge100x »

We've asked to be contacted and we have not heard back yet. When we have more information, we'll make sure to post it.