Issue with ArmA 3 server [Won't load]

Ask questions about dedicated servers here and we and other users will do our best to answer them. Please also refer to the self-help section for tutorials and answers to the most commonly asked questions.
toxicreign020
New to forums
New to forums
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UC40BgXanDqOYoVCYFDSTfHA

Issue with ArmA 3 server [Won't load]

Post by toxicreign020 »

Alright so over the past few days, it's been really frustrating, i have everything set up to run an arma 3 server (proper .cfg .bat and other files) yet the first time i ran it, it would just automatically kick anyone who tried to join. You would never even get to the role selection screen before it would just say "you were kicked from the game" now i tried uninstalling and reinstalling it, and it gives me nothing. I log on to the server through the game and i don't get to the spawn screen, but i don't get kicked either so its just letting me sit there.

What do i do to fix this? Im literally lost as to whatever problem it may be. I dont have any sort of log that contains any error, and as far as the server reports go. users join, users connect, mission is read from bank, users disconnect.
kraze
Former staff
Former staff

Re: Issue with ArmA 3 server [Won't load]

Post by kraze »

Are you running a custom mission by chance? Compare your setup against our installation guide here to confirm it is correct.
http://www.nfoservers.com/forums/viewto ... =67&t=9266
@Kraze^NFo> Juski has a very valid point
@Juski> Got my new signature, thanks!
@Kraze^NFo> Out of context!
@Juski> Doesn't matter!
@Juski> You said I had a valid point! You can't take it back now! It's out there!
toxicreign020
New to forums
New to forums

Post by toxicreign020 »

Update in issue. There's a huge "no identity" error going on. here's a copy of the full rpt file.

https://drive.google.com/file/d/0B1kLet ... sp=sharing
toxicreign020
New to forums
New to forums

Post by toxicreign020 »

does anyone know whats going on?
kraze
Former staff
Former staff

Post by kraze »

Did you try running a new mission to see if that allows it to boot properly? Did you compare your install against the link I sent you so you can confirm it is correct?
@Kraze^NFo> Juski has a very valid point
@Juski> Got my new signature, thanks!
@Kraze^NFo> Out of context!
@Juski> Doesn't matter!
@Juski> You said I had a valid point! You can't take it back now! It's out there!
Caliban55
This is my homepage
This is my homepage

Post by Caliban55 »

The "No identity" log message is normal for the first player who connects to a Arma dedicated server and starts the mission. This does not affect the gameplay.

If you can't connect to the server, mission won't start, I suspect that your connection to the Steam master server is not working, you are running the (dedicated) server from your home client computer under the same Steam ports, or in Offline mode. This will not work.

Please check if you can create a client server with the ingame server browser.
Caliban55
This is my homepage
This is my homepage

Post by Caliban55 »

Plus, looking at your posted rpt file, your startup parameters have an open quote ("-mod=....) without a coresponding opening/closing quote.