DDoS

kraze
Former staff
Former staff
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UC40BgXanDqOYoVCYFDSTfHA

Re: DDoS

Post by kraze »

ADKGamers wrote:
Edge100x wrote:all Chicago is more vulnerable than some other locations right now (I explain why in the events log) and that's one reason that they're being felt more acutely there. Other locations see attacks, but most attacks aren't big enough at those other locations to be noticed by customers.

Will this be everyones event logs? If so I look forward to seeing that so I can pass on the info to the people getting upset at me over something I have no control over. haha

Thanks! :)
Any of the affected locations already have detailed events log post which we continue to update with more information.
@Kraze^NFo> Juski has a very valid point
@Juski> Got my new signature, thanks!
@Kraze^NFo> Out of context!
@Juski> Doesn't matter!
@Juski> You said I had a valid point! You can't take it back now! It's out there!
jaythegreat1
This is my homepage
This is my homepage

Post by jaythegreat1 »

I figured much... but the guys are tired of seeing the DDoS attacks, on top of battlelog issues, on top of blaze dumps, on top of not being able to seed the servers.

BF4 has definitely been a nightmare for server owners.
Chill n Kill Gaming - http://www.cnkgaming.com
The_MoFo
New to forums
New to forums

Post by The_MoFo »

jaythegreat1 wrote:BF4 has definitely been a nightmare for server owners.
QFT
ImageImage
Clumppy
A regular
A regular

Post by Clumppy »

Servers in Dallas again are being DDoS :S Just lost 2 bf4 servers and my teamspeak server.
Spyderspartan
A regular
A regular

Post by Spyderspartan »

Clumppy wrote:Servers in Dallas again are being DDoS :S Just lost 2 bf4 servers and my teamspeak server.
Same. Everything NFO is down right now.
Clumppy
A regular
A regular

Post by Clumppy »

It sucks ass. Spend all this time to get the servers populated and then they get shut down from a stupid ddos.
Edge100x
Founder
Founder

Post by Edge100x »

Same. Everything NFO is down right now.
Attacks are always-location specific. The one that Clumppy referred to was in Dallas only, and we handled it and posted an event to those customers. If you are seeing other problems, please contact us directly.

BF4 is particularly vulnerable to DDoS attacks because of the fragile connection to Blaze. Many of the most popular BF4 servers have been attacked recently, sometimes with traffic in excess of 60 Gbps. With the particularly large attacks, when one customer is hit, others are sometimes effected, and we make sure to post an event when that is the case.
wihgaming
This is my homepage
This is my homepage

Post by wihgaming »

Is there a way to tell if the DDOS was targeted at my server or if it's another server on the same network?
kraze
Former staff
Former staff

Post by kraze »

wihgaming wrote:Is there a way to tell if the DDOS was targeted at my server or if it's another server on the same network?
If you were the target we would post another event directly to you letting you know.
@Kraze^NFo> Juski has a very valid point
@Juski> Got my new signature, thanks!
@Kraze^NFo> Out of context!
@Juski> Doesn't matter!
@Juski> You said I had a valid point! You can't take it back now! It's out there!
jaythegreat1
This is my homepage
This is my homepage

Post by jaythegreat1 »

And here we go again...
marrr
This is my homepage
This is my homepage

Post by marrr »

having our servers kick everyone out because someone in the same data center gets ddosed is getting lame. Today my NYC server dropped players twice and now CHI once.
jaythegreat1
This is my homepage
This is my homepage

Post by jaythegreat1 »

Voice server is out for the count.
Spyderspartan
A regular
A regular

Post by Spyderspartan »

Again..... everything down....
xPuppetx
New to forums
New to forums

Post by xPuppetx »

Same, server has been hopping all night. Then we started to get some lag spikes here and there then wham offline. I can access the Cpanel, however it can't view any of the tabs... :(
Edge100x
Founder
Founder

Post by Edge100x »

Whoever has been launching these super-large attacks has been has been targeting one popular BF4 server after another.

Often customers see attacks because someone was abusive in-game and they issued a ban, but with the number of attacks tonight and the many different customers hit, that seems unlikely this time.

One customer told us that he thought someone was intentionally attacking our servers and then aggressively trying to sell to affected customers, suggesting to them that his network is better. That seems unlikely, but it's a possibility. More likely, to me, is that someone is hitting some of the more popular servers in Gametracker to try to push up their own ranking. Having a server down for 24 hours will hurt its ranking, certainly.