DDoS

kraze
Former staff
Former staff
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UC40BgXanDqOYoVCYFDSTfHA

Re: DDoS

Post by kraze »

He's definitely getting his 15 minutes of fame. He's attracted an absurd amount of attention and likely has law enforcement looking at him now..
@Kraze^NFo> Juski has a very valid point
@Juski> Got my new signature, thanks!
@Kraze^NFo> Out of context!
@Juski> Doesn't matter!
@Juski> You said I had a valid point! You can't take it back now! It's out there!
Madhavok
This is my homepage
This is my homepage

Post by Madhavok »

It has been confirmed that it is more than one person.
Derp wrote: Morning crew is now awake! Give us a few minutes to cook something special :)
Derp wrote: Phone guys say there's 1000+ new texts that haven't been answered and 2000+ missed calls... Glad I run twitter haha, they mad.
And various others.
Image[url=steam://friends/add/76561197986357938]Image[/url]
kraze
Former staff
Former staff

Post by kraze »

Madhavok wrote:
It has been confirmed that it is more than one person.
Derp wrote: Morning crew is now awake! Give us a few minutes to cook something special :)
Derp wrote: Phone guys say there's 1000+ new texts that haven't been answered and 2000+ missed calls... Glad I run twitter haha, they mad.
And various others.

I wouldn't consider that a confirmation. A lot of what he is saying is false which is confirmed based on the type of attack he is using.
@Juski> Doesn't matter!
@Juski> You said I had a valid point! You can't take it back now! It's out there!
TimSad
This is my homepage
This is my homepage

Post by TimSad »

Why isn't this guy's twitter account deleted yet? Am I missing something?
                                                Our NFO Battlefield Servers!
ImageImage
Edge100x
Founder
Founder

Post by Edge100x »

If he/the group is being tracked, that would be one potential way to do it. It also serves as a record that can be used to prosecute later, I imagine.
Cerious101
A semi-regular
A semi-regular

Post by Cerious101 »

I've made a thread here, http://www.nfoservers.com/forums/viewto ... =1&t=10320
Please look at it and tell us what you think.
Kraze said "We work directly on a demand basis, so if there is little demand it's likely going to get pushed back, while if there is higher demand it will be pushed up on the to-do list."

I post this here cause frankly I've never really paid much attention to that area of the forums ( I posted it there cause it seemed to be the right place) and I thought it could use some exposure.

There is so much I'd like to say on this subject but I'm just not willing to make myself or my community any more of a target then it already is. Just posting about this subject could incite some to act.
I don't see the need to post information out in the open that could (WILL) be used to harm us or draw undue attention. All you have to do is read on this subject and you can see many screenshots of forum post used as proof of there exploits or as cause for attacks.

This is not the only subject the could use such a section. With the proper moderation, TOS and participation it could be a sizable asset to the gaming community here at NFO. And to NFO's credit, that is a LARGE chunk of the gaming community in it's entirety.
fantasygirl
New to forums
New to forums

Post by fantasygirl »

I replied to your post about this in which I talked about GCN- gaming community network and private section for admins/owners to discuss issues.
TimSad
This is my homepage
This is my homepage

Post by TimSad »

Has anyone here taken the time yet to report Derp's Twitter to the guys at Twitter themselves so they might do something about it? I see his Twitter is still active as of now. Why would it still be active? Only reason I can think of is that Twitter is scared of deactivating his account.
ImageImage
kraze
Former staff
Former staff

Post by kraze »

TimSad wrote:Has anyone here taken the time yet to report Derp's Twitter to the guys at Twitter themselves so they might do something about it? I see his Twitter is still active as of now. Why would it still be active? Only reason I can think of is that Twitter is scared of deactivating his account.
I doubt they're scared. Taking down websites like Twitter, Facebook and Google is pretty pointless because most are setup as a CDN. Sure, they'll take it offline in that specific area but the rest of the world won't even know.

He's attracted a bit of attention to himself and likely has law enforcement interested in him. No better way to track a guy and his crimes then watching him give you a live updates..
@Juski> Doesn't matter!
Cerious101
A semi-regular
A semi-regular

Post by Cerious101 »

kraze wrote:
TimSad wrote:Has anyone here taken the time yet to report Derp's Twitter to the guys at Twitter themselves so they might do something about it? I see his Twitter is still active as of now. Why would it still be active? Only reason I can think of is that Twitter is scared of deactivating his account.
I doubt they're scared. Taking down websites like Twitter, Facebook and Google is pretty pointless because most are setup as a CDN. Sure, they'll take it offline in that specific area but the rest of the world won't even know.

He's attracted a bit of attention to himself and likely has law enforcement interested in him. No better way to track a guy and his crimes then watching him give you a live updates..
Speaking of.
TimSad
This is my homepage
This is my homepage

Post by TimSad »

EA login servers still unavailable since about an hour ago. This guy needs to stop right now and die of cancer.
ImageImage
xPuppetx
New to forums
New to forums

Post by xPuppetx »

DERP ?@DerpTrolling 55m
We've directed the Gaben Laser Beam™ @ the EA login servers. Origin #offline

I would love to throat punch this kid....
plasma
This is my homepage
This is my homepage

Post by plasma »

Seems this punk is attacking Steam as well
soja
This is my homepage
This is my homepage

Post by soja »

plasma wrote:Seems this punk is attacking Steam as well
Doubt it. Steam goes offline all the time. Plus they usually post and brag when they take something down.
Not a NFO employee
TimSad
This is my homepage
This is my homepage

Post by TimSad »

plasma wrote:Seems this punk is attacking Steam as well
Yup! Is anyone going to dedicate some resources to taking this guy down? He needs to be arrested at the very least.
ImageImage