Before you Post: Please Read

This is used for general discussion that is not necessarily server-related.
bOoya
Former staff
Former staff
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UC40BgXanDqOYoVCYFDSTfHA

Before you Post: Please Read

Post by bOoya »

Ok guys, these forums are provided by NuclearFallout for NuclearFallout customers and/or potential customers. They come here for help with their server, questions about our servers, and many other things. We, as staff, check these forums almost religiously in an effort to maintain the quality of support most of you have come to love about NFo.

When we see new posts, we actually get excited that we have the opportunity to help someone! YES! We're weirdos!

Anyways, recently I have been seeing alot of new posts, but to my dismay the vast majority have just been posts like "haha." or "lol." or even just "oh."
I may only be speaking for myself but this has been getting increasingly frustrating. Now, I'm not saying you guys cant have fun and make jokes with your posts; infact, I encourage that! but PLEASE just think about your post before you click submit, read it back to yourself and think if you're contributing to the thread or just posting some pointless blabble to raise your post count.
To'mas
Founder
Founder

Post by To'mas »

Excellent post and I wish that I had written it. Good Job!
Nick|NFo
Former staff
Former staff

Post by Nick|NFo »

I concur ^^

Stickied
-Nick
metro
Staff
Staff

Post by metro »

LOL

But seriously... I agree that lately there has been a lot of posting that has no contribution as to what the forums are for. They are a place to ask questions, get help, and share tips and tricks with other server renters. Booya is right, there have been a lot of posts that don't keep true to the nature of these forums and what they are here for. I have taken the liberty of removing some here and there. The posts take up a lot of space that could be used for posts that hold their value on the boards. I know that we aren't cramped for space, but it just adds to the database and can cause clutter.

With what Booya said, I would also encourage everyone to think before you post. It will make things here a lot better.

/end rant
metro @ [url=irc://irc.gamesurge.net/nfo-support]#nfo-support[/url]
Somewhere in Texas, a village is missing it's idiot...
7ThAssass1N
New to forums
New to forums

Someone say jokes?

Post by 7ThAssass1N »

A guy walks into a bar and says ouch! Then 2 guys walk into a bar, The first says "ow", and the second one replies, "Don't worry, I didnt see it either!"

Seriously though though, this guy is right, nothing frustrates us newbs more than hoping for actual help to reply, and all you get is "LOL", or "OOPS".

(i say "US NEWBS" in reference to "THIS NEWB", as i can only speak for myself, as i have had no contact with any other NFo server rentee's)

But I do thank everyone else who has helped out in sooooo many ways, just by having these forums. "THANK YOU"
-=MDK=- 7Th Assass1N
Rush Hard.....or Go HOME

mdk_dot_com@yahoo.com
roast
New to forums
New to forums

Post by roast »

i would like the word "newb" restricted in all of counter strike please. get to that as soon as possible. j/p anyways ive only been on the forums for about a week and im already frustrated with the whole unecessary posting. im havin trouble adding plugins and ive read thru too many unrelated posts. but you guys do a good job with your company and ill sift thru them if necessary..
Jesse
A semi-regular
A semi-regular

Re:

Post by Jesse »

roast wrote:i would like the word "newb" restricted in all of counter strike please. get to that as soon as possible. j/p anyways ive only been on the forums for about a week and im already frustrated with the whole unecessary posting. im havin trouble adding plugins and ive read thru too many unrelated posts. but you guys do a good job with your company and ill sift thru them if necessary..
If you are having problems that are specific and you can't find a post that you feel would be a good help then I suggest you open your own post in the appropriate forum section, the responses are often very quick. You can also use the "help!" button/ticket section in your control panel if you'd like to open a private ticket.

Good luck with your plugin issues!
Clay52
This is my homepage
This is my homepage

Re: Before you Post: Please Read

Post by Clay52 »

bOoya wrote:Ok guys, these forums are provided by NuclearFallout for NuclearFallout customers and/or potential customers. They come here for help with their server, questions about our servers, and many other things. We, as staff, check these forums almost religiously in an effort to maintain the quality of support most of you have come to love about NFo.

When we see new posts, we actually get excited that we have the opportunity to help someone! YES! We're weirdos!

Anyways, recently I have been seeing alot of new posts, but to my dismay the vast majority have just been posts like "haha." or "lol." or even just "oh."
I may only be speaking for myself but this has been getting increasingly frustrating. Now, I'm not saying you guys cant have fun and make jokes with your posts; infact, I encourage that! but PLEASE just think about your post before you click submit, read it back to yourself and think if you're contributing to the thread or just posting some pointless blabble to raise your post count.
Good post, but speakign of 'posts', I've always wondered why your "New Post" button is at the bottom of the page and not at the top where it should be?
Edge100x
Founder
Founder

Post by Edge100x »

Good post, but speakign of 'posts', I've always wondered why your "New Post" button is at the bottom of the page and not at the top where it should be?
This theme just has it at the bottom, it seems.
Exile
A semi-regular
A semi-regular

Post by Exile »

I think bOoya was just trying to raise his post count.
Anyway, I do agree, sifting through bs gets a bit tedious.
Kryptik
A semi-regular
A semi-regular

Post by Kryptik »

I was thinking the same thing, haha! I don't appreciate it when I ask a question, log off, log back on later, see 1 new notification, *getting hopes up that my issue is solved* and then the post is lol, or haha. I can understand someone saying, "Yeah, I have that issue as well, I hope someone knows how to fix this!"
ecko!
New to forums
New to forums

Post by ecko! »

Good post! You guys have done me very well on the support.

KEEP IT UP GUYS!
|GWA| Gamerz with Attitude
|GWA| ecko! - Founder
http://www.gamerzwithattitude.net