new "feature"

[WDT]TardFarmer
This is my homepage
This is my homepage
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UC40BgXanDqOYoVCYFDSTfHA

new "feature"

Post by [WDT]TardFarmer »

Our server is showing as custom again.

It looks like it is due to vars.playerManDownTime 50 I am unable to set it to 100

anyone else seeing this?
XDE4TH
A regular
A regular

Re: new "feature"

Post by XDE4TH »

Have you tried following this guide if you are using Procon?

http://www.nfoservers.com/forums/viewto ... 93&t=10487
[WDT]TardFarmer
This is my homepage
This is my homepage

I have not tried that today, as that was supposed to be fixed by the patch before. What I am seeing is that when I set normal via procon the playerdowntime % shows a red X and stays at 50% and the game stays set as custom. If I manually change the playerdowntime to 100 it switches to 2.

I will try disabling the nfo normal push again.
Edge100x
Founder
Founder

Post by Edge100x »

Do you mean vars.playerManDownTime? This was removed from the server a couple of versions ago, so that wouldn't relate.

I tested the links on the "Easy setup" page for the three presets last version and they worked. I'll test them again. The game has had a lot of bugs with presets and the behavior changes all the time.
Edge100x
Founder
Founder

Post by Edge100x »

"Set normal", "Set hardcore", and "Set infantry-only" all do still work for me.

Refreshing the preset should also work, since all that does is execute vars.preset on the server, which forces it back.

It sounds as though your utility may need to be updated.
Cris
A regular
A regular

Post by Cris »

Edge100x wrote:"Set normal", "Set hardcore", and "Set infantry-only" all do still work for me.

Refreshing the preset should also work, since all that does is execute vars.preset on the server, which forces it back.

It sounds as though your utility may need to be updated.
Our 64 slot server is showing custom and when I try to enter vars.preset normal into server control it says will enable nextround? Using the procon lock to normal does not work either as it shows player man downtime stuck at 50 and will switch back to custom. I've also clicked on "set to normal" in control panel and its still custom??
[WDT]TardFarmer
This is my homepage
This is my homepage

Had the exact same issue,and it would not work even with the NFO refresh normal settings every five miintes. I found a workaround though.

In your "easy setup" page in your control panel click the "set Normal" link which sits directly below the subsection Additional settings, Set Normal is in very small font so I missed it for a long time. I also have the red NFO theme so maybe the Set Normal link is even harder to see.

Anywhoo click "Set Normal"

then click "Commit Changes" at the bottom of the screen and it seems to keep Normal settings even on map change. You will need to do this every time you restart the server.

EDIT: looks like that's what John was telling me to do also. I must have misread his post as enable the refresh every five minutes, which was not working for me.
Cris
A regular
A regular

Post by Cris »

[WDT]TardFarmer wrote:Had the exact same issue,and it would not work even with the NFO refresh normal settings every five miintes. I found a workaround though.

In your "easy setup" page in your control panel click the "set Normal" link which sits directly below the subsection Additional settings, Set Normal is in very small font so I missed it for a long time. I also have the red NFO theme so maybe the Set Normal link is even harder to see.

Anywhoo click "Set Normal"

then click "Commit Changes" at the bottom of the screen and it seems to keep Normal settings even on map change. You will need to do this every time you restart the server.

EDIT: looks like that's what John was telling me to do also. I must have misread his post as enable the refresh every five minutes, which was not working for me.

I've clicked the "set normal" and its still not working. Setting to normal in easy setup also deletes idle timeout. It should set idle timeout to 225 - 86400 but when clicking normal it just clears that box.

Edit: Well I tried "set normal" and left the idle timeout box empty and it switched the server back to normal.. Odd. Shouldn't there be a value in the idle timeout?
[WDT]TardFarmer
This is my homepage
This is my homepage

yes leave the idle timeout alone, apparently that is not used in BF4? Even though it appeared to be messing up the set normal in Procon.
Cris
A regular
A regular

Post by Cris »

[WDT]TardFarmer wrote:yes leave the idle timeout alone, apparently that is not used in BF4? Even though it appeared to be messing up the set normal in Procon.

Thanks Farmer :)
[WDT]TardFarmer
This is my homepage
This is my homepage

No problem! I am glad I could help a fellow admin!
cronambs
New to forums
New to forums

Post by cronambs »

Hmm im having same issue except my timeout was empty, then i added numbers in it same keeps staying custom but when i go next map hay i can set preset to hardcore

the preset im trying get is hardcore and well i already posted a question on here and its bit frustrating still, as we dont get players from this
[WDT]TardFarmer
This is my homepage
This is my homepage

my fix is not working now :( switches to custom every map change... ridic