DarkRp bugs, could anyone help?

TurtleStomper
New to forums
New to forums
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UC40BgXanDqOYoVCYFDSTfHA

DarkRp bugs, could anyone help?

Post by TurtleStomper »

Hello there! And thank you for reading this

So, me and a couple friends are setting up a DarkRp server on Gmod, and I have recently encountered a few bugs, that I am unable to find a way to fix.

Bug #1
Any time the server restarts, everyone loses their money and it resets to 500

How we would like to have it after this is fixed:
we would like that a player's money stays the same whether or not the server restarts, or they rejoin E.G: You have 6000 dollars, you leave, you come back, you have 6000 dollars like before.

Bug #2
We are unable to add custom shipments to any of our classes, such as the gundealer, we can't make any custom shipments, i have followed everything that just about anywhere says, have the DarkRp modifications master addon, tried adding it there, did not work.

How we would like to have it after this is fixed:
We would like it to where we add something in the config file, and it actually works. What else do you think we would want? lol

We currently have darkrpmodification-master installed.
soja
This is my homepage
This is my homepage

Re: DarkRp bugs, could anyone help?

Post by soja »

What method are you using to store your darkrp information? MySQL, sqlite?

I don't have much experience with darkrp, so I can't help you with your 2nd issue, sorry.
Not a NFO employee
TurtleStomper
New to forums
New to forums

Post by TurtleStomper »

Actually now that i think of it, i have not used either one of those to store info.
gamemann
A regular
A regular

Post by gamemann »

For problem #1:
I would suggest using Sqlite which is stored in garrysmod/sv.db by default.
If you have the DarkRP Modification Addon, go into garrysmod/addon/darkrpmodification-master/lua/darkrp_config/mysql.lua and make sure "RP_MySQLConfig.EnableMySQL" is set to false if you're using sqlite.
If you don't have the DarkRP Modification Addon (I recommend that you do), go into garrysmod/gamemodes/darkrp/gamemode/config/_MySQL.lua and make sure "RP_MySQLConfig.EnableMySQL" is set to false if you are using Sqlite.

If none of this works, it may be a corrupted sv.db but i'm not 100% sure (I am still new to Garry's Mod and DarkRP).
Hope this helps.

Thanks,
Gamemann
TurtleStomper
New to forums
New to forums

Post by TurtleStomper »

Thanks a lot, now the only problem is the shipments thing. I'm currently trying to set up the MYSQL
soja
This is my homepage
This is my homepage

Post by soja »

Unless you are going to try to keep cash consistent across multiple servers, I would recommend sqlite in this case.
Not a NFO employee