June 3rd Patch Update!

stryfe
This is my homepage
This is my homepage
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UC40BgXanDqOYoVCYFDSTfHA

June 3rd Patch Update!

Post by stryfe »

This is the one I've been waiting on personally for awhile! Discuss.
nerfbacon
New to forums
New to forums

Re: June 3rd Patch Update!

Post by nerfbacon »

Hopefully this makes the game feel a little more responsive. According to the post on the battlefield blog RSPs are responsible for enabling the "High Frequency Network Update" at their discretion and they mention that on PS4 and XBOX One servers they will be turned on for all 48 player and some trial 64 player servers.

Can NFO provide any details on this? Mainly looking for has this feature been turned on for all BF4 servers hosted by NFO already and if this change will be turned on for servers smaller than 48 as well?

Blog post for reference: http://blogs.battlefield.com/2014/06/ne ... lling-out/
TimSad
This is my homepage
This is my homepage

Post by TimSad »

nerfbacon wrote:According to the post on the battlefield blog RSPs are responsible for enabling the "High Frequency Network Update" at their discretion and they mention that on PS4 and XBOX One servers they will be turned on for all 48 player and some trial 64 player servers.

Can NFO provide any details on this? Mainly looking for has this feature been turned on for all BF4 servers hosted by NFO already and if this change will be turned on for servers smaller than 48 as well?
I was about to post something up here inquiring the same thing.
                                                Our NFO Battlefield Servers!
ImageImage
Edge100x
Founder
Founder

Post by Edge100x »

We haven't been provided any information on this new feature or on the patch in general -- all we have to work with is that same blog post, and we only found out about it when customers forwarded it to us this morning.

The new feature may be enabled by default, or we may need to enable it, but we have no idea either way. We also don't know how much it will increase CPU usage, memory usage, or bandwidth usage. We're flying blind.
Edge100x
Founder
Founder

Post by Edge100x »

We're told that this is actually on by default and can't currently be turned off, server-side. To make it work, you just need to enable the option in your client.
nerfbacon
New to forums
New to forums

Post by nerfbacon »

Thanks for the info, I'm going to guess that the blog post was written before the patch was actually finalized and thus the reference to turning it on.
stryfe
This is my homepage
This is my homepage

Post by stryfe »

Awesome! Hopefully it won't kill the CPU too much.
stryfe
This is my homepage
This is my homepage

Post by stryfe »

Just read the notes about degrading performance too that's bad that we have to restart the servers every 1-2 days because they can't code a functional server package.
jaythegreat1
This is my homepage
This is my homepage

Post by jaythegreat1 »

Interesting... did the server patch address any of the maps that rubberband? (Mortar to be specific)
Chill n Kill Gaming - http://www.cnkgaming.com
OddJob001_XI
A semi-regular
A semi-regular

Post by OddJob001_XI »

@NFO. Can you confirm the "high tick" is activated on your servers, per the patch announcement?
Edge100x
Founder
Founder

Post by Edge100x »

OddJob001_XI, as I mentioned above, it's enabled for all servers, everywhere, right now. DICE told us this directly in response to my query about the blog post. I hope that they correct the post, because it's confusing a lot of customers.
FAST
This is my homepage
This is my homepage

Post by FAST »

Rubberbanding has not been fixed. Still happening after 12 hours without a crash.
TimSad
This is my homepage
This is my homepage

Post by TimSad »

FAST wrote:Rubberbanding has not been fixed. Still happening after 12 hours without a crash.
Which map did you notice it on? I'm still getting complaints of it on our 64 player Conquest when it's on a Naval Strike map. I really thought they would have optimized those maps more by now to cut out the rubberbanding at least almost entirely.
                                                Our NFO Battlefield Servers!
ImageImage
Cain
This is my homepage
This is my homepage

Post by Cain »

I love Naval strike too, but it has always been too laggy.... Apparently it still is??
jaythegreat1
This is my homepage
This is my homepage

Post by jaythegreat1 »

Operation Mortar gets BY FAR the most complaints of any map.

I'm not sure of other maps like said Lancang Dam, and Hainan Resort that were trouble in the past.
Chill n Kill Gaming - http://www.cnkgaming.com