Latency for latin america

This is used for general discussion that is not necessarily server-related.
Facux
New to forums
New to forums
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UC40BgXanDqOYoVCYFDSTfHA

Latency for latin america

Post by Facux »

Good, I wanted to make an inquiry, and if there are any on the system, which may provide, or something, in order to reduce (in some way), the latency perceived in latin america.

The (average) average latency between users is 350/500 and users lower latency is between 250 and 350, the idea would be to try to reduce approximately 100 ms, which have a latency of 350 / 500 and 50 ms for the rest ...

I wonder if they know or could give me some solution

Greetings!

PD: Using google traductor... sory :(
kraze
Former staff
Former staff

Re: Latency for latin america

Post by kraze »

What location is your service in now? We recommend NYC as it provides the overall overall latency due to how overseas ISPs route their traffic.

If you would like to see if we can lower your latency at all we can sure take a look. Please send a tracer route along with your home IP to support@nfoservers.com or open a request via the "help" tab in your control panel.
@Kraze^NFo> Juski has a very valid point
@Juski> Got my new signature, thanks!
@Kraze^NFo> Out of context!
@Juski> Doesn't matter!
@Juski> You said I had a valid point! You can't take it back now! It's out there!
$atanic $pirit
This is my homepage
This is my homepage

Post by $atanic $pirit »

Your best bet would be to try NY or Atlanta data centers. Latency depends on distance and all NFO data centers are in North America.

Can you specify your exact location? I have seen players with ~150 and even <100 latency from Brazil and Venezuela. 250 latency means you must be pretty south or have a bad routing to the server.
rymax99
This is my homepage
This is my homepage

Post by rymax99 »

$atanic $pirit wrote:Your best bet would be to try NY or Atlanta data centers. Latency depends on distance and all NFO data centers are in North America.

Can you specify your exact location? I have seen players with ~150 and even <100 latency from Brazil and Venezuela. 250 latency means you must be pretty south or have a bad routing to the server.
NFO has a European location - Frankfurt, Germany.
soja
This is my homepage
This is my homepage

Post by soja »

rymax99 wrote:
$atanic $pirit wrote:Your best bet would be to try NY or Atlanta data centers. Latency depends on distance and all NFO data centers are in North America.

https://www.google.com/webhp?sourceid=c ... %20america

That would be the worst possible location to purchase a server for Latin America
Not a NFO employee
rymax99
This is my homepage
This is my homepage

Post by rymax99 »

soja wrote:
rymax99 wrote:

https://www.google.com/webhp?sourceid=c ... %20america

That would be the worst possible location to purchase a server for Latin America
I was quoting '$atanic $pirit' when he said "Your best bet would be to try NY or Atlanta data centers. Latency depends on distance and all NFO data centers are in North America.". Wasn't saying it'd be a good place in this scenario. :P
soja
This is my homepage
This is my homepage

Post by soja »

rymax99 wrote: I was quoting '$atanic $pirit' when he said "Your best bet would be to try NY or Atlanta data centers. Latency depends on distance and all NFO data centers are in North America.". Wasn't saying it'd be a good place in this scenario. :P
My mistake, I thought you were trying to contribute to the topic ^^
Not a NFO employee
Facux
New to forums
New to forums

Post by Facux »

First of all thanks for the replies.

The location of most of our server users (including me), is Argentina.

I'll try to talk to the other server administrator to see if the charge peude talking with the support :)

Again, thank you very much for the attention!
snstro
New to forums
New to forums

Post by snstro »

Hi.

I'm From Brazil and i am a costumer of NFO.
My server location is on NYC and average latency is 130ms (the best that ai found).