NEW control panel theme!

This is used for general discussion that is not necessarily server-related.
kraze
Former staff
Former staff
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UC40BgXanDqOYoVCYFDSTfHA

NEW control panel theme!

Post by kraze »

Over the past few months we've been hard at work developing a new control panel theme for our customers. We've reached a point in development where an open beta is needed to track down the few remaining bugs, and to get overall feedback on the design. There are no new features, this is purely a cosmetic change. You can change to the via the "My account" tab in your control panel. It is titled "simple". Any feedback or suggestions should be posted here.

Here is an idea of what the new theme looks like.
CP1.PNG
CP2.PNG
CP3.PNG
CP4.PNG
Attachments
CP2.PNG
@Kraze^NFo> Juski has a very valid point
@Juski> Got my new signature, thanks!
@Kraze^NFo> Out of context!
@Juski> Doesn't matter!
@Juski> You said I had a valid point! You can't take it back now! It's out there!
rymax99
This is my homepage
This is my homepage

Re: NEW control panel theme!

Post by rymax99 »

I'll certainly be using this theme from now on, nice work! I don't see any visual flaws right now, but I'll post if I do see any.
Decicus
Compulsive poster
Compulsive poster

Post by Decicus »

I love the theme, very nice work!

However, I see that you're using Imgur to host at least some of the icons (if not all of the new ones). I assume this is temporary? Have you also considered using Font Awesome?
kraze
Former staff
Former staff

Post by kraze »

Eventually they will be moved locally. I have not heard of Font Awesome, but it's something I can look into.
@Juski> Doesn't matter!
@Juski> You said I had a valid point! You can't take it back now! It's out there!
soja
This is my homepage
This is my homepage

Post by soja »

Looks good, going to change over in a sec. I have always liked the white theme over the red one, and this looks like like a nice upgrade from the older white based theme.
Not a NFO employee
soja
This is my homepage
This is my homepage

Post by soja »

Been using this theme since release, the only cosmetic issue I have seen is highlighting on dropdown menus. Sometimes the blue highlight will not move on dropdown menus. You can still click all options in the dropdown, the highlighting just won't move. This happens more often than not for me.

I would really appreciate a dark version of the simple theme. Something dark grey, not black. I don't really like the red theme.
Not a NFO employee
kraze
Former staff
Former staff

Post by kraze »

Been using this theme since release, the only cosmetic issue I have seen is highlighting on dropdown menus. Sometimes the blue highlight will not move on dropdown menus. You can still click all options in the dropdown, the highlighting just won't move. This happens more often than not for me.
That's an issue I'm aware of, just haven't had time to really sit down and investigate it. I'll try to put some time away this weekend to look into it.
I would really appreciate a dark version of the simple theme. Something dark grey, not black. I don't really like the red theme.
Eventually more themes will be added, but my next goal was to work towards a much more fluid and flexible theme once additional access is provided.
@Juski> Doesn't matter!
soja
This is my homepage
This is my homepage

Post by soja »

Any chance you can change the imgur links to https instead of http so I can see that nice green padlock when using the cp? :)

I have also been using this theme since release, and going back to the older ones makes me wonder why they are still default. Any chance this will be changed to be the default theme?
Not a NFO employee
FAST
This is my homepage
This is my homepage

Post by FAST »

switched over to the new theme! cheers
kraze
Former staff
Former staff

Post by kraze »

soja wrote:Any chance you can change the imgur links to https instead of http so I can see that nice green padlock when using the cp? :)

I have also been using this theme since release, and going back to the older ones makes me wonder why they are still default. Any chance this will be changed to be the default theme?
That's a big oversight on my part. I'll need to get those changed out. As for making it the default, I would not expect it to become the default :/
@Juski> Doesn't matter!
theRadAleks
This is my homepage
This is my homepage

Post by theRadAleks »

I think this theme is a bit too bright.
kraze
Former staff
Former staff

Post by kraze »

theRadAleks wrote:I think this theme is a bit too bright.
Thanks for the feedback. The overall idea of this theme was to be very clean, simple and professional looking. Unfortunately, this almost always means white :/ Eventually, I'd like to implement or more game themed style along with additional features, but that's a ways off.

If you or anyone else has any suggestions or additional feedback, please let me know!
@Juski> Doesn't matter!