Adding a new map to the Server

studly
New to forums
New to forums
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UC40BgXanDqOYoVCYFDSTfHA

Adding a new map to the Server

Post by studly »

Okay i have tried and read a fair amount on the subject so i will try and be brief. I want to run de_facade on the server. I tried to mess with the workshop and couldn't ever get it to dl the map. I then gave up on and that and just used ftp to send the map file (de_facade.bsp)over the the csgo/maps folder. I restarted the server and tried to change maps using rcon to de_facade it would start to load the map then stop. Checking the console showed me this message
ApplyGameSettings: Map de_facade not part of Mapgroup
ApplyGameSettings: MapGroup not part of type classic mode competitive
Executing server command:
nextlevel de_facade
map de_facade reserved

---
Can't change replicated ConVar nextlevel from console of client, only server operator can change its value
I then followed the guide about setting up the gamemodes_server.txt i only changed 2 things on the example, it was the word casual to competitive, and i added the map de_facade to the map group just like the other maps were listed (i'll provide the file exactly below). I restarted the server, and when i tried to connect (default map was de_dust2) i couldn't even connect to the server, it would fail after 10 retries. Anyone know what i have done wrong or an easy way to just load up a single map?

Here was my gamemodes_server.txt
"GameModes_Server.txt"
{
"gameTypes"
{
"classic"
{
"gameModes"
{
"competitive"
{
"maxplayers" "20"

"exec"
{
"exec" "ca_custom_convar.cfg"
}

"mapgroupsMP"
{
"mg_bomb" ""
}
}

"competitive"
{
"maxplayers" "20"
}
}
}

"gungame"
{
"gameModes"
{
"gungameprogressive"
{
"maxplayers" "20"
}

"gungametrbomb"
{
"maxplayers" "20"
}
}
}
}

"mapgroups"
{

"mg_bomb"
{
"imagename" "mapgroup-custom1"
"nameID" "#SFUI_Mapgroup_mg_bomb"
"name" "mg_bomb"
"maps"
{
"cs_italy" ""
"de_dust" ""
"de_train" ""
"de_dust2" ""
"de_aztec" ""
"de_inferno" ""
"de_nuke" ""
"ar_baggage" ""
"de_lake" ""
"de_bank" ""
"de_safehouse" ""
"de_sugarcane" ""
"ar_shoots" ""
"de_stmarc" ""
"de_shorttrain" ""
"cs_office" ""
"de_facade" ""
}
}
}
}
studly
New to forums
New to forums

Re: Adding a new map to the Server

Post by studly »

I initially had the map group wrong, which is why i couldn't connect when it was on de_dust2. I fixed that, and i could connect just fine on dust2 with the gamemodes_server.txt i listed above, but when i try to change the map to de_facade it comes up with the original error message i got before about it not being in a map group.
Vanderburg
Former staff
Former staff

Post by Vanderburg »

I was just able to set a mapgroup containing de_facade and play on it. If the other maps are functioning properly, it's likely that there's a problem with your copy of de_facade. On the server, it looks like the file size for the map is 89,133,584 bytes, so you may want to check that, and download a copy from a different source.
studly
New to forums
New to forums

Post by studly »

thanks for your reply. I was able to get one to run on the server and i'll post what we did as it may help others. We did have to dl a new copy of de_facade and we put it in the maps folder. We then reverted our gamemodes_server.txt to just an empty text file. Then everyone had to dl the same copy of de_facade and we were able to get everyone into the server, a little bit of a pain, but in the end it worked.