Unturned

This is used for general discussion that is not necessarily server-related.
Rileyk20
New to forums
New to forums
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UC40BgXanDqOYoVCYFDSTfHA

Unturned

Post by Rileyk20 »

I was wondering if anyone else wanted "unturned" game servers. For those who don't know what it is, it is a new game that was recently released and I think it has a lot of potential. The downside to the game right now is that there are bearly any decent servers online. I am wanting to get NFO's attention to get some decent servers online. :)
TacTicToe
This is my homepage
This is my homepage

Re: Unturned

Post by TacTicToe »

Seems they have issues with the servers. There is a sticky about hosting a server via Tunngle, which is pretty lame. Why not wait till they actually release a working server before asking? Also, as this appears to be an early access game, meaning its still alpha, not very likely NFO will touch it with a 10' pole.

Not sure if you are aware, but this game also already exists. Its called Minecraft and has been around for some time now.
kraze
Former staff
Former staff

Post by kraze »

This is a game we can sure monitor over time. We mainly add games based on popularity and completeness. It needs to be worth the development time to add it to our system/support it and it needs to be functional enough to support basics(IP binding, dedicated server software). At the moment it doesn't appear this game has server software and is just a client acting as a server.
@Kraze^NFo> Juski has a very valid point
@Juski> Got my new signature, thanks!
@Kraze^NFo> Out of context!
@Juski> Doesn't matter!
@Juski> You said I had a valid point! You can't take it back now! It's out there!
J-English
This is my homepage
This is my homepage

Post by J-English »

I dont think any games similar too minecraft will be popular than minecraft.
Since minecraft came out theres been so many copycats of minecraft and has not got the recognition that minecraft got.

Look at blockscape
http://www.blockscape.com/v2/

I dont know anyone personally that plays this.
rd1981
A regular
A regular

Post by rd1981 »

You can run unturned on an nfoservers unmanaged vds server you would need at least two cores to setup on a windows server. Use Remote desktop to login and install steam and update windows on it. If you have an alternate steam account best to use that to login to it. You will then need to create a bat file in unturned directory and create a shortcut to desktop. Put this in your bat file Unturned.exe -batchmode -nographics -pvp -normal -nosync -pvp -port:25444 -players:20 -sv -Xmx1028M -Xms1028M. If you want sync or pve just change it. Its possible you will have to load a command prompt or use powershell to rename your text files to .bat files.
President Evil
A semi-regular
A semi-regular

Post by President Evil »

Is this game gonna get added to the games list?

I have an 8-core managed VDS Linux and would like to install it on my machine.
kraze
Former staff
Former staff

Post by kraze »

President Evil wrote:Is this game gonna get added to the games list?

I have an 8-core managed VDS Linux and would like to install it on my machine.
It's something we're still investigating. At the moment we're holding steady while we wait for the stand alone dedi to be released.
@Juski> Doesn't matter!
@Juski> You said I had a valid point! You can't take it back now! It's out there!
cczeus
New to forums
New to forums

Post by cczeus »

Unturned 3.0 has recently come out, you can opt into the beta on steam using this key: "OPERATIONMAPLELEAF" and you can set up a server like this video describes: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uA7rLSyN16U . Is it at all possible to get this version of the unturned server supported by nfo, even though its similar to the previous one?
kraze
Former staff
Former staff

Post by kraze »

It's great they finally for a stand alone dedi out. I can take another look at it and see if it's a more viable option now.
@Juski> Doesn't matter!
cczeus
New to forums
New to forums

Post by cczeus »

Is it possible to get an estimation as to when you'll know if you can support unturned servers as a company, and if you can when it will be available to the public? I dont need anything exact, I just want to know if I should expect hours, days, weeks, or months.
Last edited by cczeus on Thu Sep 25, 2014 7:14 pm, edited 1 time in total.
kraze
Former staff
Former staff

Post by kraze »

cczeus wrote:Is it possible to get an estimation as to when you'll know if you can support unturned servers as a company, and if you can when it will be available to the public?
There wouldn't be a firm ETA. I'll likely finish my research on it by late Monday or Tuesday of next week, but then I submit my findings to John and he takes it from there.
@Juski> Doesn't matter!
Bubka3
Compulsive poster
Compulsive poster

Post by Bubka3 »

Bumping this. Would really like to see the preview builds v3 supported.

They are obtainable via steamcmd and support IP binding. Should be trivial to setup.
kraze
Former staff
Former staff

Post by kraze »

I'll try to put some time aside this week to investigate the preview branch.
@Juski> Doesn't matter!
Bubka3
Compulsive poster
Compulsive poster

Post by Bubka3 »

Any news on this?
kraze
Former staff
Former staff

Post by kraze »

I have looked into Unturned a bit more, but after that I really don't have any additional information.
@Juski> Doesn't matter!