Teamspeak3 music bot

ren3gade
This is my homepage
This is my homepage
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UC40BgXanDqOYoVCYFDSTfHA

Teamspeak3 music bot

Post by ren3gade »

My buddies in their Mumble have a Juke Box that is in their Mumble 24/7, 365. It is connected to a playlist on spotify where they can give you the password/access to it, and add music to it.. and the Juke Box cycles through their music.

How can I get this on my Teamspeak3 server?

Thanks.
kraze
Former staff
Former staff

Re: Teamspeak3 music bot

Post by kraze »

This is going to involve a few steps, but ultimately you're going to need a dedicate TS3 client which can play the music. Do you have this?
@Kraze^NFo> Juski has a very valid point
@Juski> Got my new signature, thanks!
@Kraze^NFo> Out of context!
@Juski> Doesn't matter!
@Juski> You said I had a valid point! You can't take it back now! It's out there!
rymax99
This is my homepage
This is my homepage

Post by rymax99 »

As Kraze said, it's needed to dedicate a client to it. Usually, people simply use a Windows server for it, in most cases if they're running the TS with Windows server, they just use the same server. Through good configuration you can even automate everything within the TS3 client (connect to server on start, join server on start, etc.). However, I don't quite know how you'd automate the music actually playing - it'd depend on the scenario.
kraze
Former staff
Former staff

Post by kraze »

Automation part is fairly easy to accomplish. I personally do it with VLC. Upon boot everything starts up and connects. The hardest thing to do is going to be getting a dedicated client setup somewhere and getting VAC configured.
@Juski> Doesn't matter!
@Juski> You said I had a valid point! You can't take it back now! It's out there!
ren3gade
This is my homepage
This is my homepage

Post by ren3gade »

kraze wrote:This is going to involve a few steps, but ultimately you're going to need a dedicate TS3 client which can play the music. Do you have this?
Yeah I don't have any other servers or places to run a dedicated user 24/7 :(
http://www.ts3musicbot.net/

What about that place? Have any experience with them? Appears they host the music bot for you.
kraze
Former staff
Former staff

Post by kraze »

It doesn't appear they host for it for you. They just seem to offer a nice install package with everything setup. You'd just need to add the music.
@Juski> Doesn't matter!
ren3gade
This is my homepage
This is my homepage

Post by ren3gade »

kraze wrote:It doesn't appear they host for it for you. They just seem to offer a nice install package with everything setup. You'd just need to add the music.
Damn, I guess you're right. Hmm....

So basically to run a dedicated 24/7 music bot, I would need another server? Like a VPS, then do the whole VAC+Spotifiy playlist setup thing on the VPS.

Damn, there is no "free" way to do this? lol.
kraze
Former staff
Former staff

Post by kraze »

You don't necessarily need another service. You just need a dedicated client to play the music. This can be done from your home computer, but it will involve setting up VAC and configuring it to play without messing with your audio and staying up 24/7. Not entirely difficult, just a little time consuming since you'll always need to monitor it.
@Juski> Doesn't matter!
ren3gade
This is my homepage
This is my homepage

Post by ren3gade »

kraze wrote:You don't necessarily need another service. You just need a dedicated client to play the music. This can be done from your home computer, but it will involve setting up VAC and configuring it to play without messing with your audio and staying up 24/7. Not entirely difficult, just a little time consuming since you'll always need to monitor it.
Wont my PC have to stay on 24/7 though?
Chris Lenga
New to forums
New to forums

Post by Chris Lenga »

Technically, yes even if you use another instance. Clearly you can't run something on a piece of hardware that isn't powered on. I've researched this in the past and there's no good way to do it honestly without a VPS or dedicated environment where you can run a specific client process for it. There are some relatively cheap VPS servers out there if you're only going to use it for this purpose, or maybe consider running your TS3 off a VPS. That's what we've done in the past.
Chris Lenga
Community Admin, Vast Gamer Social Network
w:http://www.VastGamer.Com

LittleB
This is my homepage
This is my homepage

Post by LittleB »

Anyone know what kinda of resource usage this would require?Might try to run this on my 2 core VDS.
kraze
Former staff
Former staff

Post by kraze »

LittleB wrote:Anyone know what kinda of resource usage this would require?Might try to run this on my 2 core VDS.
Very little. You're looking at whatever TS3 usage is + whatever media player you use.
@Juski> Doesn't matter!
LittleB
This is my homepage
This is my homepage

Post by LittleB »

See if can get this up & running on Linux.I'll also try the music bot service linked earlier in the thread.Thanks.
mennes
Compulsive poster
Compulsive poster

Post by mennes »

I am interested to know how you guys set it up. I ended up doing it all manually and just had a teamspeak client running on my virtual machine 24/7 and i had pandora on one of the webpages. I never figured out how to set up some type of automation!

Also there is a really annoying thing with VAC where if you connect via Remote desktop, it cuts the connection and you have to re set the default audio device through the NFO control panel's connection (forgot what exactly it was called)
Feel free to contact me on discordd @ Mennes34
kraze
Former staff
Former staff

Post by kraze »

I am personally using VLC alongside VAC to do my bot. I have VLC auto-start with a specific playlist of music and then have VAC repeating the audio to TS3 and Ventrilo clients. You'll find that most of the automation comes from the software itself. For example, with TS3 you can tell it to auto-connect on startup and join a channel(similar to Ventrilo). This just leaves you to create a basic .bat file that starts all of the programs.

As for being unable to configure VAC over RDP, that is a known quirk. I actually spoke to the developer and he mentioned that he had no plans to see if he can get it working over RDP.
@Juski> Doesn't matter!