Backup

Ask questions about dedicated servers here and we and other users will do our best to answer them. Please also refer to the self-help section for tutorials and answers to the most commonly asked questions.
xXthatNAVYguyXx
New to forums
New to forums
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UC40BgXanDqOYoVCYFDSTfHA

Backup

Post by xXthatNAVYguyXx »

Can anyone suggest a way to backup my files? I have about 22 gigs that I need to back up and no way to do it. I have 1TB of available storage on Mediafire but apparently their servers cant handle a transfer that large at on time. Any suggestions? Thanks in advance! :D
Edge100x
Founder
Founder

Re: Backup

Post by Edge100x »

What is your budget?

One easy way to do it would be to rent a Linux-only VDS and drop it on there, but that would cost 9.99 per month.
rymax99
This is my homepage
This is my homepage

Post by rymax99 »

I'd definitely recommend a Linux-only VDS as Edge100x said. If you're running Linux on the dedicated machine you could run rsync to make the backups the most efficient.
xXthatNAVYguyXx
New to forums
New to forums

Post by xXthatNAVYguyXx »

I don't know the first thing about linux. Also, what would I use to transfer the files there? Also just a note, my current (and replacement) OS is Windows Server 2008 R2.
soja
This is my homepage
This is my homepage

Post by soja »

Can you explain more in detail what you want to do? Are you switching OS's on a unmanaged VDS and you need to temporarily backup the files?

If so, I can set up a FTP account on one of my VDS's and you can use it as temporary storage.

I have VDS's in:
Dallas
Chicago
LA
Not a NFO employee