R45 Patch?

Cris
A regular
A regular
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UC40BgXanDqOYoVCYFDSTfHA

R45 Patch?

Post by Cris »

What is the deal with this patch. I'm getting this error.

The command vars.maxPlayers could not be executed on the server. It returned: 'CommandIsReadOnly'. I set max players to 64, not running adaptive server size since Dice got rid of that plugin.
marrr
This is my homepage
This is my homepage

Re: R45 Patch?

Post by marrr »

The following fixes are included in this server release across PC, Playstation 3, Playstation 4, Xbox 360 and Xbox One.

- The Phantom bow demo on unranked all-unlock servers has been disabled.
- Fixed an exploit
- “vars.maxPlayers” cannot be changed in runtime on OFFICIAL and RANKED servers
- Improving game reports reliability
- Game reports time stamps improvements implemented
Another blow to the server admins.
barhund
This is my homepage
This is my homepage

Post by barhund »

We may just cancel ours if it winds up being empty... damn EA it's like they are actively trying to kill this game.
Cris
A regular
A regular

Post by Cris »

Yep, no more adaptive server size..wow. Time to find a new game that doesn't have the DICE/EA logo on it.

Sorry NFO, but it looks like a lot of servers will be dropped because of this. They don't care about us, all they care about is how they want a server to run. "the customer is always right" does not relate to DICE/EA. Sad.
barhund
This is my homepage
This is my homepage

Post by barhund »

They have always been that way. I think it might be part of their corporate mantra. They did this back when they took over Ultima from origin, and they wind up killing that game off too with the same type of ideas
barhund
This is my homepage
This is my homepage

Post by barhund »

Has anyone else noticed that people don't seem to be making it into the game? Our server keeps trying to fill up, and I see people joining via battlelog and console. But only a small fraction of those people seem to make it into the game.

Anyone else seeing this?
Edge100x
Founder
Founder

Post by Edge100x »

We don't see the continued admin-unfriendly changes as positive for the community or the game's long-term-health, either, and we've provided this feedback repeatedly to DICE. They don't involve us in the process of making these decisions, so this is the limit of what we can do.

With the idle timeout change, this change, and others over the lifetime of the game (with the way that Official and Ranked servers have been further restricted with each patch), I can only guess that they're trying to appeal to the base of casual-gaming clients who are mildly annoyed when they join a server that's not what they expected. With Christmas coming up, they're probably expecting lots of new players, who they want to have a good first-impression experience. But, this is a bit of a short-sighted view, since those casual players don't build communities or continue playing frequently for months, as the people who buy servers do.
barhund
This is my homepage
This is my homepage

Post by barhund »

Very well put edge, and you guys have been fantastic to us. We are just really disapointed with the slime oozing out of EA/Dice.
Cain
This is my homepage
This is my homepage

Post by Cain »

So do I need to uncheck this: Adjust player limit automatically?
marrr
This is my homepage
This is my homepage

Post by marrr »

I doubt the dude in charge of these changes has rented, or populated a server in his life.
barhund
This is my homepage
This is my homepage

Post by barhund »

It's my understanding to get the full player count yes you need to uncheck that box and manually set the number.
Cain
This is my homepage
This is my homepage

Post by Cain »

barhund wrote:It's my understanding to get the full player count yes you need to uncheck that box and manually set the number.
What happens if I keep the "Adjust player limit automatically? " Checked...

Will it hurt anything??

TIA
barhund
This is my homepage
This is my homepage

Post by barhund »

It is my understanding that the server has to now be restarted to adjust the player count... so you will be stuck at 8 slots until it is restarted. (possibly a mapchange will adjust the count as well but i haven't bothered to test it)