BF4 2015

Cain
This is my homepage
This is my homepage
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UC40BgXanDqOYoVCYFDSTfHA

BF4 2015

Post by Cain »

I notice it has been almost a month since anyone made any posts here.

Sadly I think this game is finally dying out, particularly for dedicated admins like us.

I too am likely going to take my server down at the end of this month, unless we can attract more donations to pay for it.

EA has never made it easy or fun to run one of their "ranked" games, but this game has been the hardest.

-- Cain
Edge100x
Founder
Founder

Re: BF4 2015

Post by Edge100x »

You're definitely not the only one disappointed by it as a server owner.

Overall usage has been pretty level since around last May, so lots of clients are still playing, at least.
barhund
This is my homepage
This is my homepage

Post by barhund »

There is going to be a protest going on this month run by other dissatisfied server owners...
Cain
This is my homepage
This is my homepage

Post by Cain »

Edge100x wrote:You're definitely not the only one disappointed by it as a server owner.

Overall usage has been pretty level since around last May, so lots of clients are still playing, at least.
That is interesting, so the player counts have remained steady for the last 7-8 months??

That is surprising, thanks for the info.
hiimcody1
Staff
Staff

Post by hiimcody1 »

barhund wrote:There is going to be a protest going on this month run by other dissatisfied server owners...
We've seen this take place in the past with limited success.

EA has been very, strange, with their approach to making patches server-side.
Edge100x
Founder
Founder

Post by Edge100x »

Cain wrote:That is interesting, so the player counts have remained steady for the last 7-8 months??
For our servers here overall, yes. I can't tell what the overall player counts for the game look like, as I don't have access to that (and if I did, I wouldn't be able to say!).
barhund
This is my homepage
This is my homepage

Post by barhund »

Well... they have 91 clans signed on with 174 servers... totaling almost 9,500 slots...
Soulzz
A semi-regular
A semi-regular

Post by Soulzz »

Strikes never work. Just makes it worse.
TacTicToe
This is my homepage
This is my homepage

Post by TacTicToe »

Soulzz wrote:Strikes never work. Just makes it worse.
QFT

They have your money, and have shown they simply do not care. Seen many protests in the past for games. They made no difference to the game or the genre. Might make you feel better about it for a bit. They know full well you will remove any restrictions you have made and return the server names to their original names, in time. It is just a waiting game, and time is on their side.

The way I protest? I stop buying their games, servers and DLC. I vote with my wallet. It is the only thing that will really get their attention. And trust me, I do know how difficult the temptation is. Many times I came close to pulling the trigger and renting a BF4 server. Then I would just read thru the forums quickly and remember why I am not.

I can't wait to see how things go with Hardline when it comes out. Will they have learned their lesson? Only time will tell.
rd1981
A regular
A regular

Post by rd1981 »

http://bf4db.com/ BF4 stats
http://store.steampowered.com/stats/ steam stats

seems just like TF2 theres way too many servers for the amount of players there actually is.
FAST
This is my homepage
This is my homepage

Post by FAST »

TacTicToe wrote:
Soulzz wrote:Strikes never work. Just makes it worse.
QFT

They have your money, and have shown they simply do not care. Seen many protests in the past for games. They made no difference to the game or the genre. Might make you feel better about it for a bit. They know full well you will remove any restrictions you have made and return the server names to their original names, in time. It is just a waiting game, and time is on their side.

The way I protest? I stop buying their games, servers and DLC. I vote with my wallet. It is the only thing that will really get their attention. And trust me, I do know how difficult the temptation is. Many times I came close to pulling the trigger and renting a BF4 server. Then I would just read thru the forums quickly and remember why I am not.

I can't wait to see how things go with Hardline when it comes out. Will they have learned their lesson? Only time will tell.

But, you host bc2 servers yourself. You should take them down if you are protesting

And the renaming the servers to "boycott" did not and will not help. They are still milking the COD franchise very well to this very day.
barhund
This is my homepage
This is my homepage

Post by barhund »

Oh I know full well. There is a reason this is the first battlefield game I've bought since BF2. There is also a reason that I refuse to give Blizzard any of my money after being called an exploiter and defamed by one of their gamemasters because one of their dungeons broke in the middle of our raid and was unplayable until it reset a day later.