Turn off restart

Use this forum if you have a relatively general question or comment about a game, Ventrilo, TeamSpeak, or Murmur/Mumble server with us. If you have a server-specific question that might not help out the community, please directly contact us through your control panel instead.
Euchale
New to forums
New to forums
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UC40BgXanDqOYoVCYFDSTfHA

Turn off restart

Post by Euchale »

Is there a way to turn off the automatic restart of the server that happens every 5 minutes? I´ve turned off my server, tried to delete everything and then upload my files which takes a while. During this time the automatic repair routine starts and creates files that cause a conflict with the files I´m trying to upload.
It´s a minecraft server and it´s creating all the standard files you get from starting the default minecraft server jar.

My Overview tells me:
Your server is offline. This seems to be because it was stopped manually. While in this state, it will also not be automatically restarted or repaired. To start it back up, use this option.

So It should be fine right?
soja
This is my homepage
This is my homepage

Re: Turn off restart

Post by soja »

You need to stop it using the Server control tab. This will prevent the automatic restart system from checking to see if your server is down.
Not a NFO employee
Euchale
New to forums
New to forums

Post by Euchale »

This is what I did. That´s why I am asking. See also what I wrote about my overview.

Are the automatic routines turned back on, when I connect through a FTP client?
soja
This is my homepage
This is my homepage

Post by soja »

Oh sorry I misread above. Using FTP wouldn't re-enable automatic restarts.

Does the server stay offline fine until you connect through ftp?
Not a NFO employee
Euchale
New to forums
New to forums

Post by Euchale »

Yes it does still say offline.

I tried starting the server and turning it back off, because I thought maybe there was a problem when turning it off and it told me that the server is already running. So maybe it´s turning on by itself by some weird reason.
Euchale
New to forums
New to forums

Post by Euchale »

I guess I fixed it. After logging out of my control panel and my FTP client and logging back in I could stop the server and then uploading seems to work fine.

edit: Nope it just took longer to happen again.
Edge100x
Founder
Founder

Post by Edge100x »

The system does not attempt to auto-restart servers when they have been turned off manually through the "Server control" page.