Evolve from 2K Games

Use this forum if you have a relatively general question or comment about a game, Ventrilo, TeamSpeak, or Murmur/Mumble server with us. If you have a server-specific question that might not help out the community, please directly contact us through your control panel instead.
barhund
This is my homepage
This is my homepage
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UC40BgXanDqOYoVCYFDSTfHA

Re: Evolve from 2K Games

Post by barhund »

Tactic,

Were you running evolve servers during the beta? And what kind of resources was it using? Is it something that would run on a VDS?
TacTicToe
This is my homepage
This is my homepage

Post by TacTicToe »

No. During the beta they were supplying all the servers. Its Cryengine 3 I believe, with 5 players. I would not anticipate the resources being all that great. We still do not know for sure if they are going to release a stand alone dedicated server though.
barhund
This is my homepage
This is my homepage

Post by barhund »

Any word if NFO will carry evolve servers? They have said that they will be doing dedicated servers, but I haven't been able to find any other information about it.
kraze
Former staff
Former staff

Post by kraze »

I haven't heard any information on dedicated servers. Though, I can't imagine us not wanting to host them. With the game being where it's at I'm not sure if we'll get more server information for awhile.
@Kraze^NFo> Juski has a very valid point
@Juski> Got my new signature, thanks!
@Kraze^NFo> Out of context!
@Juski> Doesn't matter!
@Juski> You said I had a valid point! You can't take it back now! It's out there!
TacTicToe
This is my homepage
This is my homepage

Post by TacTicToe »

They just had another beta test last weekend, and I didnt even bother. Personally I was completely disappointed by the game. 5 players, no sign yet of a server browser, only match making AND $60? Sorry but from what I have seen that is at least 3 times what the game is worth. And they are going to want us to buy DLC on top of that? Not me.

As for resources, I expect them to be pretty low, especially for NFO hardware. However since it is only 5 players, to even make it worth NFO's time and effort, I would guess John would have to price it at a minimum of $2 a slot. Time will tell. I am basing this on a Killing Floor server of 6 players which is roughly $2.17 a slot.
barhund
This is my homepage
This is my homepage

Post by barhund »

kraze wrote:I haven't heard any information on dedicated servers. Though, I can't imagine us not wanting to host them. With the game being where it's at I'm not sure if we'll get more server information for awhile.
The game is scheduled for release in 17 days...
kraze
Former staff
Former staff

Post by kraze »

barhund wrote:
kraze wrote:I haven't heard any information on dedicated servers. Though, I can't imagine us not wanting to host them. With the game being where it's at I'm not sure if we'll get more server information for awhile.
The game is scheduled for release in 17 days...
Sounds like my time frame is off. Either way, it doesn't appear any information was released :/
@Kraze^NFo> Juski has a very valid point
@Juski> Got my new signature, thanks!
@Kraze^NFo> Out of context!
@Juski> Doesn't matter!
@Juski> You said I had a valid point! You can't take it back now! It's out there!
barhund
This is my homepage
This is my homepage

Post by barhund »

Well poop =(
TacTicToe
This is my homepage
This is my homepage

Post by TacTicToe »

This should be interesting.