Ddod on ts3

J-English
This is my homepage
This is my homepage
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UC40BgXanDqOYoVCYFDSTfHA

Ddod on ts3

Post by J-English »

we are getting hit by larger DDos attacks recently,last 2 days have been good tho.
i have this in my event log,suggesting i should move my ts3 server elsewhere.

Code: Select all

A very large DDoS attack against the IP address hosting voice server customers of your type at this location overloaded our connection speed and/or our router's filtering capacity a short while ago and caused location-wide problems. We were forced to null-route the shared IP address as an emergency measure, which caused the collateral damage of stopping clients from being able to connect to your server. 

This emergency null-route lasted just a few minutes and was automatically removed. 

Update @ 1:52am MST: The shared voice server was attacked again a few minutes ago, leading to another null-route. 

If someone has threatened you with attacks, please move your TS3 server to Seattle at this time. Denver is simply not equipped to handle this level of DDoS.
are we safe to stay or shall we move,will it make a big difference regarding DDos attacks?
soja
This is my homepage
This is my homepage

Re: Ddod on ts3

Post by soja »

The difference in bandwidth from Denver to Seattle is 40x. Personally, I would move regardless as voice latency isn't that big of a deal IMO, and because of the significant difference in bandwidth between locations.

You should be using a DNS record anyway, so you might get a warning when people connect after the server move, but other than that you won't notice a difference.
Not a NFO employee
J-English
This is my homepage
This is my homepage

Post by J-English »

Alright cheers soja,will make the move this week.
Edge100x
Founder
Founder

Post by Edge100x »

Please do move if you feel that you might be the one triggering the attacks.

As soja indicated, TS3 is possibly the service that is most tolerant of being moved, since everyone can (and should) use DNS entries, making following the service a snap. Even if you don't use our TSDNS entry, and use a simple A/CNAME record, the port # will stay the same in a move, so nobody should get lost.