Techno-Moron Requesting Info

Qarlo
New to forums
New to forums
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UC40BgXanDqOYoVCYFDSTfHA

Techno-Moron Requesting Info

Post by Qarlo »

Yes, I am a techno-moron . . . I have no clue about running a server. So, before I dive in, I would appreciate some info from all you who have some experience with running one. 1) Are tutorials/guides provided when you rent a server? 2) Whether they are or not, are there other sources to teach me the basics before I lay down the $$$ to set one up? Any help, including just pointing me in the right direction, would be much appreciated.
Caliban55
This is my homepage
This is my homepage

Re: Techno-Moron Requesting Info

Post by Caliban55 »

You can use your preferred search engine to get the info on how to run a server, or set it up (Google, Bing, etc.). There should be adequate info for most type of servers.

If you want to run a Arma server, you can also use NFO's managed server offer, or rent a single server instance, which does the job of setting up the server for you. Knowing how to use a text editor and a file transfer program is also a good preparation, if it comes to configuring the server further.

Running a modded Arma server can be a bit more demanding, depending on the type of mods.

As with every server, background knowledge does not hurt and doing some reading would be helpful.
djammed
New to forums
New to forums

Post by djammed »

Hey Qarlo, I hope you are having a great day. If you would like some help or information, I would be more than happy to help you! Just ask me your questions and I'll try my best to answer them. We can talk here on the forums, or if you would like, over Skype, Teamspeak, or google hangouts. :)
Shadow_otw
New to forums
New to forums

Post by Shadow_otw »

Hey djammed, are you still around there, and willing to help?